What WoW Shadowlands settings will this PC be able to run WoW Shadowlands at?

The PC’s specs are as followed!

CyberPowerPC Gamer Master Gaming Desktop Computer, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6GHz, 16GB RAM, 480GB SSD + 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB, Windows 10 Home

1 Like

I have a Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 2070 - on the PTR it is performing well (started by putting it on 10 and then adjusting back a little on certain settings). The new zones are likely to be more taxing, but I’m not worried. I wasn’t interested in the beta and only logged on the PTR because, like you, I was wondering about how my system will perform.

I’m running at 1440p/144hz - what kind of monitor do you have?

If you don’t have beta access, you can hop on the PTR to get an idea of how it might perform, but I wouldn’t be concerned.

40" HDTV 1080p monitor!

Also, may I ask you, how does the RTX 2070 compare to the GTX 1660 Super 6 GB card I listed? It sounds like your graphics card is better than the one that comes with the PC I listed!

Yes, it is a more powerful card and also has the rudimentary first generation ray tracing.

I assumed you already had the computer - are you looking to purchase? This really is not a great time to buy, I don’t have time to get into it now, I have to get to work, but maybe someone else will logon and explain.

Do you have to buy now or do you want to buy now? (Assuming you don’t already have the computer)

I dont buy new PC right now, and I could not afford the ray tracing card you listed, either! I may wait til October to purchase the PC! And yes I know I may never run it on Ray Tracing recommended specs!! And according to a sight I was on, I may be able to run it on medium-high settings, about a 7 or 8 on the graphics setting whch I’ll be comfortable with! So what’s your take on that claim?

You won’t see a major price change come October or new hardware. Get the PC you want now

May as well, and pray to the Laws of Physics Blizzard/Activision don’t up the recommended/minimum PC specs to even higher specs!

And luckily the PC is future upgradable, that way I can upgrade the CPU and GPU to more advanced pieces as time goes by and prices drop!

They have no history of that and they won’t start now. At 1080p the 1660 super can run WoW at 9 or even 10 maybe with one or two setting dial back slightly. The 3600 can keep up with the wow engine so no worries there

Whew! Thanks for that piece of info! Looks like I’ll be purchasing the PC sometime this month after all! May as well!

Check out the following

Google - logicalincrements wow build

They break down all the graphic settings for you

out of curiousity, what is your budget for this new system?

A: 500 to 750
B: 750 to 1000
C: What is a budget? lol

Am presently ALSO using a R5 3600… Using a 1660ti as opposed to the super though… (they are almost identical in performance, sans the $50 cost difference)

Unless you’re buying one of the new RTX cards, and unless you’re going to wait for Black Friday sales, then buying now probably won’t make much a difference in price.

There’s no lower-mid range GPUs coming in that timeframe.

If your current system can play WoW, it might be worth it to hold out until Black Friday to get some sales.

Every Black Friday has had killer deals on previous gen Ryzen CPU/Motherboards.

I got my Ryzen 5 1600/X370 motherboard for $149 in BF 2017. Subsequent BFs had similar deals. The Ryzen 7 2700x for example was selling for as low as $159.

I expect the Ryzen 3700x will have a similar price cut once the 4th gen launches, and BF.

Salhezar, you tryin to get me into the Ray Tracing thing? The PC I’m thinkin of getting is $879.00 USD, plus, like any PC like it, it is fully upgradable, meaning I can upgrade the graphics card/CPU anytime I want later on down the line!

And as far as my current PC build I’m on right now, the beast can only play WoW on medium (lower medium?) settings with the graphics level at absolute 4 and the 3 settings on 4 each!!!

I am going to purchase the PC sometime later this month or beginning of October, depending! I cannot afford to wait it out til Black Friday online sales and risk my current PC not being able to play WoW due to unplayability, severe lag and long load times, basically whats to be a Shadowlands Potato PC!!!

I wouldn’t really base a purchase decision on RTX - it’s better now than it used to be but its still an immature technology with limited implementation.

Look at Kodiak’s results for RTX, pay less attention to the performance since 3000 series should be better, but look at the visual differences and ask yourself if you think it’s worth it to you to consider.

Caecivenator, my budget is in the $750-$1000 USD range!

Considering it is a pre-built… it isn’t bad overall (specially if it is in your budget).

I was pricing pieces, and unless you didn’t need a case or PSU, it would come out to more for equivalent parts on their own. And yes, that should handle shadowlands. As I noted in the post, I am using a similar setup (CPU/GPU wise). I am using more ram (32gb) but that isn’t a huge difference in the game itself.

Hey Peanuts … long day at work, but I’m happy to see you found some additional help! Some great folks here on the WoW forums. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ray Tracing, with WoW, is not realistic right now with RTX 20xx cards - we’ll probably need the 30xx cards for it. But, and this is a big but, they’re only supporting RT shadows right now, the advanced effects like RT reflections etc are not yet supported, so it might be a big expense for little value unless you play other games.

If you can’t buy until October, you might want to force yourself to play on your potato until the black friday sales - I bought mine last year and it cost less than the parts would have.

If you do decided to go with the computer you posted, based on my experience, you should be happy! I just know how well I did last black friday and don’t want to see you miss out if it’s an option.

Good luck! :slight_smile: