What would make you quit WoW

I’ve seen many threads relating to staying and what not so out of curiosity what would make you personally quit for good that is not just taking a break kind of quitting or long term quitting at least and potentially coming back years later.

For me I think it’s simply 2 bad expacs that are based on my personal opinion back to back. That or probably not being able to raid even if I have to pug.

8 Likes

i quit a while ago i just come backfrom time to time to the forums to voice my opinion in a faint hope that it might matter at some point

35 Likes

this flying fiasco , we have already earned it this expansion and now they want us to do it again, I am done with these current devs, they are doing these type of things out of spite or they are just clueless in what their customers want.

33 Likes

I think Shadowlands might be my straw. I’ve suffered through WoD, BfA and the first half of Legion but this one takes the cake.

For the first time in 17 years I don’t care that I’m missing out on something in game. I have always loved Hallow’s End (didn’t bother with it), doing new solo challenges (MT) and getting the new TW mount (I have no motivation to work towards the hypogryph.)

I unsubbed for three months and I came back for the anniversary. I don’t know why. Sub is up in less than two weeks and I don’t care.

55 Likes

When I no longer want to play is when i’ll “quit”.

10 Likes

I’d quit when my guild and most other guilds can’t find players, or when the dungeon finder lacks people for pugs.

The instant I have to put more effort /time into finding other people than I feel it’s worth, I’ll be done.

We’re in content drought right now but I can still find tanks and healers for runs. When that stops, I’ll become frustrated enough to quit

1 Like

I can’t think of anything that would make me quit forever. I’ve already quit for 2+ years twice. Almost anything could bring me back to the game if they course-corrected back to where I want them to be.

4 Likes

Would take a really bad expansion for me to quit tbh

Or if priorities at home just end up taking over

2 Likes

if i could not pay via tokens i would quit, imo this game isn’t worth a sub fee anymore, the 60$ box fee should cover what little we get.

18 Likes

The return of 8.3 fire mage, if that happens I’ll go find another game to play I refuse to deal with that crap again

1 Like

Zerith mortis flying is better than the end of expansion zone in Legion (Argus)

1 Like

Honestly there is a ton of stuff that Broke the camel’s back years ago for this game, Truly if they messed up the old content even WORSE, I’d probably just go onto a particular server known by most people. forever.
but the trivalness added to the game just places a mind numb boring bit.

1 Like

Im done after this next raid tier.

Ehat would make me quit wow has happened already.

6 Likes

This basically. I quit. I don’t find it fun anymore. Why play it if I don’t enjoy it. Unfortunately I have a lot of paid gametime left before it expires. But it’s not even installed on my computer anymore.

12 Likes

I came back to for the holidays (xmas and mage tower) I’ve done 2/7 so far and well, I honestly dont have the motivation i thought i would have to complete all of em. The same rehashed system of borrowed powers over 3 expansions is dull, boring, and well in SL’s completely messed up everything, and thats where i drew the line.

I’ll come back once in awhile if i want to do a holiday event, but thats about it. I might sub the next time the MT comes around again, if i have the motivation.

3 Likes

Honestly, I’ve been tempted to talk away many times already. The only reason I’m still playing is that I like raiding with my friends. If they stopped playing I would just straight up cancel my sub and never look back.

8 Likes

I’m still wanting Blizzard to succeed with WoW but;

I’m actually at a stage where I’m spending less time in game than ever before (about a few hours a week) which is mostly due to the fact that the game feels like it’s run its course with me.

In the past I looked forward to fighting Illidan, the Lich King, Deathwing etc, though after taking out the Burning Legion and Sargeras, not a single end boss has since excited me (N’Zoth was a thorough disappointment).

Just look at the current end boss, the Jailer, he comes across as the most borish predictable bad guy with not a single redeeming feature to make him a compelling character.

All my favourite characters have been written off (especially the Horde ones) and the most boring Alliance characters have been elevated to the point they hog the entire story and put me to sleep just listening to them (Tyrande, Anduin, Jaina, Turalyon…).

The system grinds in SL have made playing alts painful and grindy.

This expansion has left me with nothing to look forward to with World of Warcraft and I’m starting to ask myself if resubbing is worth it, especially with the new grind to get flying in the new zone…

21 Likes

7 Likes

they have turned Warcraft in to a platform for dungeons , everything outside of dungeons has been neglected, nerfed or left to rot with no polishing, I for one did not get into rpgs to sit in instance play 24/7 and nothing else, time to move on I guess.

35 Likes

the quest its hard to solo them alone and cant get information you need from other players like if you asked simple questions i am about fed up with WOW …

4 Likes