What was the point of the delay?

I though they delayed the expack so that leveling didn’t just hard stop you when not doing some side objectives. I got hard stopped at the end of the 3rd zone because I was not 58. I had to hearth go back to an older zone and hunt down side quests so I could progress. I can’t recall the last time I played a story RPG and story quest was locked because I didn’t do a side objective.

I doubt that had anything at all to do with the delay.

5 Likes

That was legit the reason for the delay. Players couldn’t level to max properly so they had to adjust EXP multiple times.

2 Likes

If you played on other expansion launch days, you know. This launch is the smoothest ever.

2 Likes

That has nothing to do with the topic.

6 Likes

Yeah, no. It was delayed while they worked on covenants.

1 Like

It literally does.

The game as it was when it was supposed to launch was a total wreck. It was only loosely in a playable state, with some awful balance and bug problems. It is waaaay better than it was during beta at that time.

2 Likes

I believe it was mainly to revamp/finish the Maw and also to make covenants more balanced.

I’m level 54 and I’m still in Bastion.

Maybe it’s because I watched anime while I did herbing to like 130.

That’s over 130k xp from herbing.

1 Like

I am talking about how you hit hard stop points and the game doesn’t do anything to tell you want to do to continue. If you go straight campaign you can’t finish the story period. THAT is the discussion.

2 Likes

yeah happened to me too in bastion by doing the main questline only , I got stuck at one point for not being lvl 53 to get the next quest

Bastion does still seem to have a slight XP issue with
the main questline not giving quite enough, but I can say Maldraxxus does not have that issue. In bastion it does not seem like anything they cannot fix by hotfixing some values. I just did the nifty void invasion mini quest arc to fill in the XP gap myself.

How are you not level 58 in the 3rd zone?? I am almost level 55 and I’m not even finished with Bastion. If you are powerleveling, that’s your own problem.

I mean maybe just like me , he wanna only do the main quest and not bother with side quests , people should be allowed to do so , they shouldnt gatekeep you because you didnt help some random npc that has nothing to do with the main storyline

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was the bugs and balance tuning.
But ok.

The idea that everyone doesn’t do the whole zone on at least their main character is just absurd to me. The zones are meant to be completed, always have been.

everyone is different

1 Like

no… no it wasnt. it was alot of other things, like pretty much everything with end game.

Pretty much what bloodninja said.

1 Like