What to sell at the Auction House?

So I've been selling random gear that i don't use or need and other small items. Is that a good method? Or should i be selling certain stuff?
Trade goods are the good money maker, but other items like pets, mounts and green-quality armor and weapon items from levels 50 - 70 work as well. The best way to make sure what you're selling on the AH is worth it is to just search the item and see what it's selling for.

At the lower levels, you're probably best stockpiling trade goods in the bank to sell later on. This includes cloth, herbs, ores, etc.
If you're making gold and things are selling, great! If you have repost things multiple times before they sell, probably not so much.

Ore, herbs and leather will sell, although not as fast as they used to with the new crafting model. Higher level fish, meats, and food as well.

You can check Undermine Journal for your server to see if anything is selling particularly well.
Something that many people find useful is to make a bank alt. This is a character to which you can mail potential auction stuff. That way you're not juggling inventory on the character you're trying to quest on, and you can handle the auction stuff at your leisure, making it easier to pick a time when you don't feel rushed and can do some research on pricing.
here is what i do- especially as a new player

i go adventuring and dont stop until all my bags are full

then i sell all my grey items (every item is a color- grey, white, green, blue, purple..,) to a vendor

then i go to a capitol city and find an auction house

then i talk to auctioneer and “shift + right click” each item in my bags

them item will then pop up on the auction window and i see what my stuff “is selling for” i then decide what i want to do... not post, post for current price, undercut and post, buy out lowers and repost...

when you “gather profession” you will get herbs, ores, skins, fish, cloth and these goods are all white (some exceptions) and are all worth something to somebody

it is important to check on the ah (auction house) what your stuff is going for

there are techniques more intricate- what size stacks, list by single item, etc.. but these are the basics

anything not grey or soulbound or bop you should check on auction house

do not vendor green boe or equip them (get all your gear from quests and dungeons) - check on ah- someone will buy it

start with this and see how it goes
1 Like
10/27/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Wormfodder
then i talk to auctioneer and “shift + right click” each item in my bags

them item will then pop up on the auction window and i see what my stuff “is selling for” i then decide what i want to do

As a bit of an expansion on this: for green and blue BoE items that have an "of the X" suffix, it's helpful to erase that last part from the search. Most people who buy the items are buying them for look and not the stats. (The suffix determines the stats it can get.) So, searching for just the base item name will give you better data for those items.
Random gear at low levels typically does not sell for much. A few items will be worth something if they look good for transmog. Buccaneer's Vest is a good example. At low levels, you will make the most money selling copper. So take up mining, mine copper and sell it. When the Darkmoon Faire is up, you can take up fishing and fish the floating debris and get Darkmoon Daggermaw fish, which can sell for a lot.

Anyone know whats selling im on farstriders im a jewelcrafting and mining

https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/farstriders