What to main next expansion?

ive mained mage mainly all of wow and i would like something new now
im looking at rogue or Demon hunter and not sure which to pick

WHat are some cons and pros of each? what would people recommend?

Demon hunter for the edgy illidan cosplay.

But if you wanna be lame , you can tell folks what you want to do regarding gameplay style so folks can better guide you to which one would be best.

And by best I mean shirtless blindfolded elf cosplay.

1 Like

Warlock, I have been carried thru heroic pug raids on my lock…under geard alt…just for the closet lol

If you’re attached to the class, their tier set is majestic. :robot::sparkles:

2 Likes

I see more DH than I do rouge (inb4 stealth joke). Think it depends if you have any inclination to tank… or want to play something other than belf/nelf.

true, i really dont like tanking, dps for me

In that case, rogue will have 3 options, hopefully one of them is viable

Ive done both, rogue is too much like mage…a support class for group content.
I dont like either but VDH wont have to run away as much.

They are both good in pve group content. DH is much more popular, has more general QoL, better ability to solo, etc. Rogue brings a lot of utility but is overall more finicky to play well. Rogue is a bit more safe from tuning ups and downs as they have 3 dps specs and usually at least one of them is in a good place, though its rare for DH to be in an actual bad place.

It really depends on the content you want to do, but I would just go with whichever you think is more cool as neither one is likely going to be a bad pick.

Ret paladin. Best spec.

1 Like

Apparently that wonderful colour is a pvp set. That’s a bummer. Hopefully it’s the one that later becomes available for tokens.

Between those two options I reckon DH.

Even though you’re not tanking it still helps in casual things like Timewalking weekly to get fast queues.

You also bring magic damage taken debuff which is pretty sweet.

If you’ve no interest in tanking, I recommend rogue. 3 dps specs to choose from, and you’re not stuck being an elf.

If you like Arcane mage best, rogue is vaguely similar (strict rotations with big sustained damage if you’re successful, but equal chance of cataclysmic failure)

If you like fire mage best, DH is also a very mobile class with frequent burst windows, but a lot of players are put off by using fel rush for damage with the Momentum/Inertia talents. I personally like it.

If you like frost mage best, “machine gun/high apm” specs I’d recommend would be havoc, fury warrior, and enhance shaman.

1 Like

I head DK unholy is going to be simplified a bit but I’m kind of in a similar boat of wanting to try something not mained which pally this expansion was my first time maini g and I’ve loved it so far.

I want to try DH but if I find the DPS boring I can only go tank and there’s not much tank room in raids.

It’s really too early to make that decision. You might want to have all the classes you are considering at max level and get them some prepatch gear. Last minute changes are likely to mix things up even after the expansion drops.

If you only play mage you may have culture shock switching to other classes since mage is taken care of 95% of the time.

I’d say stay mage. If you’re really determined to switch and want to continue the pampered life, play warlock.

If you want a challenge, go rogue. If you want to only use 4 buttons, go DH.

No we need less bad rets not more

Mage stay with mage. Looking at alpha and the hero talents rogue is a mess. Many more buttons and buff to keep track of. HD One of the hero spec again have a lot more mini dps window to keep track off the other looks decent.

Mage is looking very well. Fire mage hero talent you literally have phinoex fighting by your side and you are on FIRE! Animation looks good. Arcane just got a rework and is looking very good. Forstfire hero talent might not be as flashy but it still seems fun.

Sticking with mage is the best option since mage is blizzard favourite so they will always be in a meta comp or just slightly below meta so their damage, utilites will always be top tier.