What to do at 120? (Fairly new player)

So I reached level 120 about a month ago, and I’m still trying to find out what the main thing to do once you get to 120 is? I know there’s raids and heroic dungeons, but I’ve almost gotten all my gear to 370 and I can’t seem to get any drops higher than that… Every time I attempt to join a mythic 0 to get the drops I need, I get denied and it sucks because I wouldn’t be attempting to join if I didn’t need gear upgrades. (A question with this part, how do I get my own keys? I feel like having my own key, even if it’s every few days… At least I’d be able to make my own group)

All I’ve found myself doing is PvP lately, and the occasional mount farming… I know I still need to level my Heart of Azeroth, and go for 400+ iLvl but like I said I’m getting denied from every group, my ilvl is about 361 I believe.

Also been working on finishing up quests in BFA, but I’ve been demotivated with questing because at 120 it feels like there’s no reward besides the tiny bit of gold lol, I wish they’d at least give you some kinda exp towards my HOA so I’d feel like I’m accomplishing something. Maybe I’m just not doing the right things or setting the right goals, as a fairly new player I don’t know what goals to set. What items or things in general to work for, I guess i’m a bit lost at the moment.

Any advice you guys could give me would be much appreciated, I really wanna get my toon to a good place.

For M+, if your not looking for guild, maybe look through the communities forum here - there are several m+ communities listed for beginners/low key groups.

To get a key I think you need to run one.

Other than that the Darkshore warfront gives a 400 ilvl price of gear each time it’s up and drops 385 (I think). Professions have gear you can make - some up to 415.

2 Likes

If all you’re doing is lfr and heroic dungeons that’s the highest you’ll get, aside from emissary caches and the darkshore warfront.

PvP is an option, as you mentioned, as is doing old content for achievements, pet battles, and mount/pet/transmog farming.

Personally I’d recommend doing mythic +, higher level dungeons with different modifications, and higher difficulty raids, as lfr has extremely watered down mechanics. Both of those will give you higher ilvl gear.

You need to finish the zones ASAP so that you can unlock daily emmisaries . They will eventually give you easy 385 gear as you do them daily . Every time a warfront is up you need to do it . The darkshore one gives a guaranteed 400 item and the other one a 370 item the first time you do it .

Do incursions … that’s another 370 gear piece guaranteed .

Don’t worry about mythics , there are much easier solo ways to get upto 385-390 as I have laid out above . And once you get to that point you can start running lower level keys and getting a feel for it .

Edit:- as you are Alliance you also will get the AOO quest every couple of weeks . Do it , another guaranteed 385 gear drop from it

1 Like

In addition to the WQs/emissaries, incursions, and warfronts mentioned above, you can also make your own group for mythic 0. You can even say you’re looking to gear, there will be others doing the same. And you get a key for a mythic+ by doing a mythic 0.

2 Likes

You get your own keys by running mythic 0 dungeons. Try making a group in group finder for some. If you are a tank or a healer they will fill faster. Also, you should really be able to get into mythic 0s with little to no problem. Have you been really trying there ?

You should be able to get gear up to ilvl 385 in world content. My characters are almost all around ilvl 390 and I do almost nothing but world content (yes I have some titanforges and the warfront gear gives you ilvl 400).

Also, you are on Sargeras, join a guild there are plenty.

I’d ask yourself the question “What do I want to focus on?” and don’t neccesarily let the community tell you what that is. You can work on Mythic keys or raiding but you could also work on PVP, achievements, or just socializing in some communities.

At this point in the expansion (as happened in Legion) Mythic dungeon groups are looking the easiest experience and they know they can find OP players to make that happen. This means they might just flat out deny you from a M0 group because your ilvl is below 400 and your IO score is below 1k.

Finish the war campaign stuff and work on getting factions to exalted is my biggest recommendation so that you can unlock allied races, get Pathfinder Part 1 done, etc. This is really easy yet tedious even at a low ilvl and it’s something you’ll need to do anyway.

As recommended by others you should check out guilds or even just communities that have been built up either with the in-game community feature or within Discord and it can be a quick path to making friends or at least finding people with similar interests.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I’ll definitely set some goals out of what you guys recommended. I didn’t even know about most of it, my main problem is not knowing too much about the game yet. I’m currently almost done with the quest that unlocks world quests (I think, the quest I’m on is called “A Mission of Unity”, the chapter is “Uniting Kul Tiras”, and it says completing the chapter unlocks world quests), so that’ll give me a ton of new things I can do, especially if they give rep - I’m not sure of that. If they do, I’d love to get the rep for the Dark Iron Dwarf race. But as some of you told me, they give gear drops with a higher item level than 370 so that’s perfect.

I really appreciate the responses, I’ve been wanting to make this post for a while but was a bit worried I wouldn’t get legitimate answers. You guys are awesome.

1 Like

Ah, yes, unlocking World Quests is definitely the step you’ve been missing! They not only give gear (and azerite and war resources and gold), they definitely give rep. The emissaries we mentioned are based on doing 4 WQs for a specific fraction and give better rewards and 1500 rep. You get a new one each day and they last three days; they should show up on your map. Also, gear rewards scale with your ilvl up to 385 I think for emissaries. This is how you get rep for allied races and you should be able to gear enough for other types of content you’re interested in. Welcome and have fun! :smiley:

1 Like