What timeline should I do?

Not sure if this is in the right place. My brother got me to start playing WoW and I’m still new to the whole thing. I decided to create a Worgen but I don’t know what content I should play. I tried the WoD with a Dranei and I don’t like it at all. I find it boring and tedious. I wanted to do the Cataclysm timeline but I guess I have to be level 30 to start it. My Worgen is level 17. Anyone have any suggestions on what I should do?

You can still do the Cataclysm timeline, and just use the Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor zones to get to 30. (It probably will only take one or two zones.)

A couple of suggestions:

Darkshore’s story is pretty tied into the events of Cataclysm, and as a early zone, it’s pretty efficient. The easiest way to start it is to go to the Howling Oak in Darnasus and pick up “Breaking Waves of Change.”

Badland’s main questline has lots of Dragon-based story that’s relevent to both Dragonflight and Cataclysm. It also has the fun side quest series “The Day Deathwing Came.”

This one is a bit more annoying to start, as the starter quest “Fuselight, Ho!” is in Eastern Plaguelands, which is a pain to get to at low levels. (Unless you happen to be a Death Knight who hasn’t started Legion, in which case your Death gate will take you very near to where you need to be.) Otherwise, the most straitforward method will just to be make the long run from Ironforge.

thank you. I did not know I could go there. I started the WOTLK and so far I’ve only gained 1 level and I’ve been at if for about half an hour. Am I doing something wrong? It just seems like the quests are only giving me around 300xp and I’m making zero progress.

Open world map…
Each area has level numbers…
Each area also shows " ! " ; quests that continue your progress.
Try to do one or two quests at a time, but also try not to do too many, or you will get confused. Each quest hub may have a quest to go to another quest hub.
If you find one that does not. Just look at the map again and pick another area.
Take your time and enjoy the game.

You can play wow 8 hours a day for 5 years and never see all of the game.
Welcome to wow.

Thank you this is very helpful. I’ve been trying to research and read things online but I don’t know what half of it means and I end up feeling overwhelmed and stressed out.

1 Like

Wowhead dot com ( was in post above) ;is a fan site that blizzard promotes, but is fan made. The site has every part of wow.

Do a search for any quest…
Shows quest before and quest after.

1 Like

Do the daily quests at the Angler’s W. From Nate. Is at the bottom of MoP map.
Best 850 gold spent to get the fishing raft.

Okay. i’ll head over and check it out. Do i need the fishing profession for it?

Yes… Mop fishing.

1 Like

It’s hard to know if something has gone wrong without actually being there. Wrath questing is less linear than a lot of the later stuff. (Outland, being older than Wrath, is even less so.) That means that especially if you aren’t familiar with the optimal quest palths in that content, leveling can be slower in those areas. (So, a level in a 1/2 hour seems plausible for a new player in that content — especially when you’re below 20 and don’t have the faster mount speed.)

The other thing to watch out for is outleveling content. If you’ve got Chromie Time on, this shouldn’t be an issue. Everything will scale to 60 with it on. With it off, Wrath stops scaling at 30.

The revamped Cataclysm zones (the Eastern Kingdom and Kalimdor zones that aren’t level 30+) are some of the most linear in the game, so if you’re looking for efficiency as a new player, they’re a good choice. They are also all pretty self contained, so you don’t need to know what happened in one zone for another to make sense.

I’m going to disagree here. I would not do that at this point. Those quests will be miserable at low levels without flying, and is not something you need to deal with immediately as a new player. Especially if you’re overwhelmed. There are a million useful things to collect in this game, and you’ll go crazy trying to worry about them while you’re still getting used to the game.

1 Like

It really depends on the kind of adventure that you want. If you’d like something a bit grounded a lot of the old world zones are great for that. I personally enjoy the human storyline stretching from their starter zone through Westfall, Redridge, and Duskwood, but other zones that have been mentioned here are also quite good.

If you want something more grand (yet may be confusing without context) something like Legion might be up your alley, it’s a lot more concise in its storytelling with campaign quests and a more grandiose objective.

Another suggestion is Pandaria, it’s a little separate from some of the rest of the story but is very enjoyable. Beautiful zones, straightforward quests, lots of toys and things to collect.

All in all I highly recommend just poking around and seeing what you like, swap timelines around and do anything that seems neat to you at the time. All of it will work fine up to level 60, albeit at varying paces.

1 Like

Add me to your friends list if you want, anytime I am on I am happy to answer questions (as long as I’m not in the middle of a dungeon or anything , and then I will answer it when I get a chance) :slight_smile:

Mizari #11664