What the Hell are up with Shamans

I thought shamans would benefit from patch 8.1 but it seems like they didn’t. In fact my shaman feels weaker and overall worse than before the patch. What the hell did u do blizzard?I enjoyed playing as my shaman until yesterday. Now I don’t know if I want to stick with it or not.

4 Likes

What spec do you play? Elemental got a really strong buff.

1 Like

Elemental much stronger.

Enh damage went up… while malestorm generation has gone down. Ele got decent buffs, Resto got hightide and some sweet azerite traits.

It would assist us all if you would let us know what you are talking about… Are you ele ? Is your damage lower? Maybe you are resto and are struggling to heal that keystone?

More information is required for anyone to help, or answer you at this point.

4 Likes

yea, last night was the first time in a LONG time i was maelstrom starved, sooo working as intended? I tried playing my alts and have a couple at around 350, but i simply prefer my enhance and will try to find a guild that accepts me for who i am…

1 Like

Am I missing something, or was ‘Riptide’ now maxed out at 2 charges instead of 3 for Resto in pvp?

Not sure what spec you play but Ele is consistently doing 2k more DPS .

And it’s even stronger in PvP due to Lasso and Ice Fury stacking with Frost giving us the ability to hit on the move .

I’m going to miss Wellspring. It felt unique, but High Tide is too good to pass up. I guess its back to being the chain heal bot for us. Even in PvP.

shamans are just bad in bfa id play a better dps alt over a shaman right now just my advice.

2 Likes

Enh feels the same, but a bit stronger. Elemental feels much improved. Haven’t tried resto yet. So far shamans feel overall better to me. If you’re expecting rotational changes, you’ll have to wait for 9.0 at the very least.

Overall I think shamans are doing fine and at this point are suffering more from bad community perception than anything. Not saying they are perfect and that they don’t need a lot of work, but they aren’t nearly as bad as the community are making them out to be.

3 Likes

Dude, do you not have anything better to do, but lurk the shaman forums and tell people to stay away? I’ve watched you post the same crap in every single forum post. “stay away from shamans, they’re garbage”. Plenty of people are well aware of the state of shamans, those of us still here are playing the class because we want to.

9 Likes

Regardless of how it feels to you. All Shaman specs got buffs in 8.1 for PvE.

1 Like

im telling people how a class is in the current state of the game.if a class is plain bad ill tell them.

i dont damage control anything

2 Likes

Well we heard you the first 100 times you posted about how garbage we are. Don’t get me wrong, Shamans are nowhere near great. But most of us, if not all of us know this already. We all play the same game you do. We know already.

No need to spam the same statement over and over again when 90% of the topics you are posting are asking specific questions. You don’t offer any substance to the responses. Just the same old “stop playing shamans, you’re gonna get benched”.

3 Likes

when people want to play a class they want to end up doing end game things maybe a m+ or try to get in to a raid.

if some one asks about a clas or spec ill tell them how it is with no sugar coating i dont damage control.

if a class gets denied for end game content ill let them know.

2 Likes

I am an enhancement shaman and it just seems like my character is over all weaker
And some of the good pvp talents I was using got taken away and now in pvp it feels bad

The small changes to Elemental are decent. Average of about a 2k dps increase. Yes, it need to be more than that, when those silly demon hunters, rogues and warriors (occasionally a mage) still top most of the charts I see, at least in Heroic Uldir and M+.

But don’t let the usual “sky is falling” nihilistic crap that non-shamans and FotM players tend to spew on these forums – played well, Elemental is doing decent numbers – I myself hit parses ranging from 12k to 17k on Uldir (heroic) stuff, and I don’t consider myself a hardcore raider in the least. Yeah, those numbers aren’t the highest, but combined with the other utility we can offer, we hold our own.

Yes, our single target still needs a bit of increase, but overall we’re not as bad as we were, and will likely continue to get better.

I’ve been playing Elemental since near day one of the game, and it’s always the same – at times we top the charts, and at other times, we…well…fall off the charts completely.

I have rarely played Enhancement over the years, so I can’t really speak on the 8.1 changes for that spec, but Elemental is definitely moving in the right direction.

static cling was removed these goes 15% and forked lightning removed and baked in to ride the lightning does lower dps and forceful winds got a 20% nerf this is what you are feeling.

dark times for shamans.

Well I was really getting into Enhancement shaman until they took that stuff away and lowered stormbringer rate. I know some things on Elemental side needed to be fixed and resto wasn’t great either. Just enhancement seemed to really click for me until 8.1

I don’t play enhancement anymore, but from what most people are saying. they are actually dealing the same amount of DPS or slightly more, whilst being able to pick up utility skills like shamanism and grounding. I’m referring to PVP talents because you’re complaining about the loss of static cling and ride the lightning changes.

8.1 definitely changed things, the mistake would be to play the same way and expect the same results. Learn your character talents and go back and figure out/ learn from others the best ways to optimize the new talent tree, rather than simply stating that enhance sucks now.

Sorry, wish I could comment more, but as I stated earlier, i dont play enhance anymore. Even in its super tuned pvp state in 8.0, It was not a fun spec. RNG fishing for 1 button storm strike spam was not my cup of tea. I’m glad they redistributed some of damage across other skills, but enhance for the most part plays the same in 8.1.