What the heck (Guardian druid rbg)

I have 35vers and 243 pvp ilvl. I use all of my cooldowns when running flag, but for some reason rogues can drop me with ease. In fact I feel like my hp gets chewed through incredibly fast regardless of who I’m fighting.

I could have incarn, barkskin, and survival instincts up with demoralizing roar thrown in and I just… drop.

What the hell am I doing wrong? Are rogues just that good at soloing fc’s or am I just terrible? For real

1 Like

rogues are insane at downing flag carriers. huge burst, stun locks, huge mortal strike debuff…

my advice is to make sure you and your team are focusing that rogue to as a high priority to kill or CC.

incapacitating roar, mass entaglement really hurts rogues. if they have berserker buff you really need to treat them as a huge threat.

Are you alone for the entire run?
I really only feel “in trouble” when it’s double Rogue or Boomkin/Rogue combo.

I’m usually ok with a Rogue on me until I reach a healer.
Incap Roar on the pickup to get the Rogue out. Mass Entanglement then Vortex. Use Sleeper to get out of the room and to your team.

What conduits are you running? Rogue can get you after so many debuff stacks but shouldnt be before. Are you running sleeper?

Night Fae. Niya

conflux, tireless, well honed, condensed anima, unchecked aggression , born anew.

I’m alone in the flag room, but it just seems like I drop so fast even with healers. Rogues just absolutely eat me alive.

It’s so frustrating.

I also dont know if im supposed to stay with the healers and get smacked by the paladin with wings and rogues or kite away from them. Seems like to stay by healers I HAVE to get smacked in the face.

You need the legacy of the sleeper lego which makes you immune to CC for 30 sec when you incarn. That will prevent the stunlocks and esp the bleed dot from kidney shot.

1 Like

The trick is learning to anticipate when to use incarn. You need to use it before they lock you down.

Hard to say without really looking at your toon. But, as FC i would favor a more defensive path. Picking up 3 endurance conduits.

Looks like you are only rocking 2

I run boomie mainly so niya is held up for me. I run dreamweaver with 3 endurance 2 ur using and the third i use is innate resolve.

As far as rogues go you just need to know when to trinket and when u can sit the stun and just bark. That all depends on the rogue to be honest and what cds they popped.

Chances are yall have a priest so dont sit flagroom sit roof/balcony drop and get gripped back up. Always kite wings but dont los heals unless you are absolutely certain youll be fine.

I can kite a rogue all the way back to my base so ur doing something wrong

1 Like

If all this is up and you’re still dropping to just a rogue then something is horribly wrong.

You should be really tanky with all these up. Maybe you aren’t using frenzied regen properly? Make sure you are getting value with each regen tick and not overhealing with it. Trade cds for cds. If a rogue uses vendetta, you use survival instincts for example.

Also keep in mind all tank specs take significantly more damage from players than non tank specs. Because of this, it is very risky to leave bear form.

It’s really hard to see what you’re doing wrong without a video clip though

I am not the author and some of the data is slightly outdated (9.0.5) but there is still some good tips/tricks in here.

Not raiding this expac so I run Niya for everything… defence conduits + convoke for everything.

it depends on stacks too. without stacks i feel like i can tank rogue forever w/o an issue but once stacks start adding up… esp if you throw in zerker or dark arch, im terrified of rogues, rets, and The Hunt, even if i have CDs

I feel super tanky on my guardian, but I play the Barkskin lego over Sleeper.

Sleeper is super good for like 30 secs, and then completely useless for 3 mins (unless you can sneak off a good Emerald Slumber, then its slightly less lol).

Slumper is nice…cuts off I believe roughly 40sec from the Incarn CD?
But the Benefits of those 30 seconds outweigh the barkskin lego…

You’d think that, but I honestly think Barkskin > Sleeper.
Sure you can’t be cc’d for 30 secs every 2.5mins, but I can almost out heal actual healers.

I can out heal most healers in rbgs with sleeper anyway. IMHO sleeper is essential just to get out of the flag room. After that, yeah I’d probably want barkskin legendary but cannot escape rogue/hunter at the start without sleeper

Meh, I find Sleeper better for base guarding than Flag Running (esp now that you can’t swap gear in RBGs. Previously I was using both. Sleeper to get in/out of the Flag room, and then swap to Barkskin lego the moment Im out of combat and Incarn is about to fall off.)

1 Like