What ssd need how get

hi what ssd do need to install make game work i not want use ssd i have hddd but not sure how to get ssd to make the game play why do i need an ssd what is the reason why do you make me do this i am not wanting to do this but you force do you own stock in ssd company

is this a troll thread? I mean it is a troll thread cause a troll posted it but is it a “troll” thread?

10 Likes

no i want know what kind ssd do i need get i dont wanna do this this is crap but if i have to do this so i play game i guess i have to wht do i get

1 Like

ok if you are actually serious samsung has a 250gb SSD for $50 on Amazon. Super cheap. Then you can watch a youtube video on how to install it. I suck at building computers but adding an SSD is actually easy. Then download WoW on it. Boom done. Later, if you want, you can put your windows on that aswell and it will load faster too.

1 Like

Check if your computer has an SATA or a a slot for an NVME drive.

But one of those bad-boys from your local electronic plug it in.

I went for the Samsung Evo series for my little Intel Hades Nuc box that could and have never looked back. :slight_smile:

I am in the process of upgrading my 12+ year old computer with some extra money I had saved up. Gonna buy over $4000 of components. I currently have 1TB m.2 SSD ready for that new computer and plan to buy a 2TB m.2 later down the road.

2 Likes

I own all the stock in ssd company

3 Likes

Better to just buy a 1tb SSD. $120 and can fit about 10 “large” games on it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089C73T72/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_BB4tFbQ58CPX8

Yeah i just recommend the 250 for the people who only play wow. I usually tell them its super cheap and you can put your OS on it for faster loading and your WoW since that is all you play. In my old computer i have a 1TB SSD already. I love it, but its time for a full computer upgrade.

That’s going to be one good machine! 1tb and 2tb storage I imagine will be expensive.

I don’t think I’ve personally spent more than $1500 on a machine but I also usually replace mine every 5 years. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Except my keyboard which is the same usb 2 one my dad handed down from 2008)

I’m the guy who goes over a decade before changing my computer so i always go big with my purchases so I don’t have to keep replacing. Right now I’m in the processes of waiting to see the benchmark tests between the RTX 3080 and RTX 3090 that was just announced yesterday. If the 3090 is miles ahead of the 3080 I’m throwing the $1500 on that. If its not that big of a jump then i will get the 3080 for $800 and use the extra money for that 2TB m.2 and just get that early.

1 Like

I’m nowhere near knowledgeable on video cards but I’d say it’d be worth your money to wait for the aftermarket GPU versions of the 30xx series.

Plus it give you a bit of time to find out if the stock card is a bust or not :stuck_out_tongue:.

(That’s just me though - but that’s because my priority tends to be components I can clean the easiest)

just talked with a buddy about it since he lives computers. His opinion on the matter is aftermarket Gpus since the 900 series have maybe been about 2% better than the stock versions. He also is pleading with me to just save money and buy the 3080 even though i keep eying that 3090.

1 Like

What monitor would you pair with the 3090?

They hyped playing 8k with 60 FPS but i despise 60fps. My friend suggested me a pretty decent monitor i purchased. 2560x1440p 144hz monitor 1ms refresh rate with G-sync enabled so i can match the framerate of the game to my monitor’s hz so 144fps. I Should be able to run literally any game on ultra and have over 100fps no issue.

Get the 3080. The 8k 60 is meaningless till they say what game and what settings. Do not get me wrong 3090 is bonkers prob capable of 4k 240 hz in non E sports titles.

Some hard drives are hybrid (HDD+SSD), will shadowlands work on hybrid drives?

Assuming you aren’t trolling,

SSD drives function much faster than traditional platter drives. Upgrading to one will greatly improve the game’s performance on your machine.

That’s what I was leaning towards already. right now it was 80% in favor of 3080 20% in favor of 3090 in my head. But im still curious to check the benchmarks and everything else.

The game will work on HDD you will have a much better experience with loading on an ssd. Hybrid should be fine.

1 Like