What Spec Are You Leaning Towards In TWW?

It’s looking like I’m going to remain warrior for TWW. I only futzed around in the beta long enough to get to level 71-72, and at the very shallow end, the only hero spec that left me feeling real meh was Slayer.

Also I couldn’t notice the size difference with colossus (my warr is a dark iron) , so that was a bit disappointing.

Edit: As it happens, warr and dks are the only classes where I enjoy all 3 specs, so if arms in any hero combo sucks, ill switch to fury easy.

1 Like

I’ve for sure played more Fury, Only have went Arms with Cata classic so I can’t really speak on it too much in the sense of me liking it or not. Though I do think I’ll stick with Fury realistically. Its what I decided to play since I’ve returned to WoW in last November, I’m probably thinking too much about my own performance honestly. As you said Slayer Arms seems nuts, Just BEEG CLEAVE. It seems like most people are leaning towards Mountain Thane for Fury which is gonna be nice to have BS actually be of value again. Honestly cannot wait for it.

Thane Fury is likely what I’ll play, but since I raid for CE I end up playing whatever is best for the encounter I’m progging.

We won’t know how balance looks until we get there, though.

‘Its not even his final form’!!

I’ve got a question, Is it me or does Fury feel rather lacking in DF? I’ve got the bulk of my BiS gear but it feels like I’m still very heavily lacking, I know Warrior especially gear dependent but that goes for any class but Warrior like especially so.

Fury has been garbage outside of M+ for most Dragonflight. It was great, briefly, for S3 due to the tier set, but that’s gone now, so it’s back to being trash in S4 because the tier set from S2 (which is used for S4) was trash. It doesn’t scale, and the 4-set is even worse now than before, since its effectiveness was tied to crit–a stat we have never wanted to stack.

The spec feels great in TWW, though it feels a bit rough in testing due to having very little haste in the default gear. I can’t wait to see what it’s like with better gear.

Damn , Thats unfortunate. I keep seeing arms warriors like hard diff me when it comes to raids and its alittle disheartening tbh, It’s been making me consider abandoning Fury but as you said I’ve seen Fury perform really well.

It’s the end of the expansion, so balance isn’t regarded as a big deal. There’s some high end Fury parses, but I’m not bothering with that. I’ve been running Arms for S4, since it’s just better on average, unless you really need some burst AoE over Execute damage.

At this point, my guild is just farming owls, selling Sark mounts, and might resume selling Owls if there’s enough market after the guild has all of theirs.

Yea it seems like Fury is in a better spot rotationally now. BT is actually worth pressing as you said. RB falls lower on the priority and Gushing Wound talent actually does a lot more damage too making BT even more worth to press. And with Slayer hero talents, Ravager/Bladestorm being stronger and Execute being used more often the spec is less braindead than before.

Also Mountain Thane Fury just straight up slaps in dungeons. Thunder Clap feels insanely good to press and does so much freaking damage.

2 Likes

Been having fun with both Mountain Thane Fury and Colossus Arms, but probably leaning towards Arms to start with. I usually switch my Warrior around a bit over the course of an expansion.

Slayer fury no doubt for pvp. PVE wise, probably Thane prot.

I only play Fury as dps for Warrior :slight_smile:

Colossus Arms is pretty cool, I just wish the alignment with Demolish and Colossus Smash was better. Honestly would be cool if the first hit of Demolish applied Colossus smash. But I see how that would be a balancing issue.

Maybe they could make it so Demolish applies a Colossus Smash debuff to the target that lasts only for the duration of Demolish that way it doesn’t feel bad to have Demolish off CD but Colossus Smash on CD.