What songs remind you of Azeroth?

Well ok yeah but that’s a low bar

2 Likes

Do you dislike music?

1 Like

Literally all my characters are named after heavy metal bands, so nope it’s not that, I just dislike all the stupid faction pride nonsense and want to see that crap die

1 Like

“You already played my Fave Horde Song. So I will just add this for Alliance.”

/wicked giggle
/dance

1 Like

I’ve never felt faction pride, so I don’t know. Songs that I associate with factions though?
This one Alliance because it sounds so heroic. IDK about Horde.

2 Likes

Horde

Alliance

:blush:

2 Likes

Let’s hear some.

Slipknot’s my favorite band, but I also enjoy Behemoth and Belphegor. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Faction pride?

Despite the fact the Horde has been subjugated and Alliance lapdogs have been installed to keep it on a short leash, and despite the fact our Dark Lady has been supplanted with an Alliance nanny, we’ll always have the Bonfire.

2 Likes

Horde

Alliance

3 Likes

Yeah :fist_right: :dracthyr_cry_animated:. Whether original or remix, a little SoR2 “Go Straight”, Double Dragon’s title theme or Mission-01/Slums or “Mission-02/Industrial-Area/Factory-Area/Riot/Great-Fray/Big-Braw/工場地帯/大乱闘”, or Ninja Warrior’s “Daddy Mulk” all get you in that mood to bash skulls in PVP :skull::hammer:…it doesn’t matter which faction.

Throw in some SF2 themes, especially the FM-Towns/3DO CD-remix of Zangief’s theme. It’s perfect for bashing gnomes!

7 Likes

Alliance:

Horde:

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

I love that song!

This is my favorite version.

2 Likes

It would be a departure from the hands-off approach they’ve taken with other studios they’ve bought. They don’t bother with the game design.

Magni when he snorts all the azerite we collected:

1 Like

This song you chose for the Alliance is a hilarious fit. Love it. :sweat_smile:

Hmmm… Swarf thinking cap, activate! :cowboy_hat_face:
I’ll offer three for each faction.

Alliance ~

This one is so beautiful, but sad, which represents the Alliance perfectly to me. There’s an almost endearing innocence to the Alliance, but also, in ways, a pitiable ignorance.

This one makes me think of the many heroes of the Alliance – those who have fallen, those who’ve endured, and those who are rising.

Because castles are prettier than mud huts…

Horde ~

I love this song for the Horde. It has a strong energy and hits hard with no apologies, just like you Hordies.

This one makes about how much the Horde have had to deal with being constantly condescended year after year by those snooty Alliance.

Vibes red to me!

*Bonus 4th tune for the Horde…

2 Likes

I’m loving your selections as usual, Swarf. A masterfully curated collection. I agree with your sentiments about the Alliance. Part of what turns me against the Alliance is the way that their purest intentions and highest morals are so frequently subverted by intolerance, selfish ambition, or a blind obsession with revenge. If the Alliance could be all Swarfs and Hogruses and Anduins, there would be no conflict ever again.

The Horde has its own problems. I’m fine in this environment because we feel like a fractured mob of anarchists. We have no WarChief, and we don’t care about a council. We forge our own path now, because we’ve only ever been abandoned, abused, mislead, and betrayed by our leaders.

What unites us now? We are the tribes of Ancient Mongolia without a Great Khan to rally behind. No one speaks words that touch our hearts and draw us together. No voice kindles our pride or our purpose. We are on our own, and left to wonder… is this our Horde? Or are we just tourists visiting Orgrimmar, the Orc City?

This is the Horde’s truth today:

Here’s a song for the Forsaken:

2 Likes