What song or playlist gets you the most hyped while playing WoW?

RPG battle themes go well when tearing a Pandaria Remix dungeon to shreds.

1 Like

Every type of music.

However, when Iā€™m chipping away at some trash mob making me use 47 cooldowns all my potions and AMZā€¦this is playing in my head

Just when youā€™ve almost escaped the cave, all the dead mobs revive. Hardcore mode especially

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

1 Like

This may seem weird, but I actually like listening to the WoW vanilla music on Youtube. There arenā€™t weird cutoffs to the music when you change zones. So I ā€¦zoneā€¦out when questing with Elwynn Forest music playing in my ears.

Really depends on what I am doing or how I am feeling at the time. I have a massive playlist library on Spotify that I have curated for different moods over the years.

My go to is usually either some kind of Industrial Metal or dark/heavy EDM. I usually prefer instrumental tracks over lyrics, lyrics can clash with game dialogue or voice chat if I am in Discord.

Honestly?

The in-game music.

Try this. Put on your best headphones. Turn the ambience up to like 75%. Music to about 55% and set everything else where you want. I suggest turning the basic sounds up a bit so you can hear combat noises and such.

This game has always had pretty good sound design, and it has only gotten better with time. The music is crafted for each zone, and frankly itā€™s all classically composed. Not that that implies quality, just that in this case they took a lot of time and made a group effort to put something into a game that, despite modern times, most games just donā€™t have in them. A lot of games I have played in recent years have really bad sound design from even the most amateur perspective.

Just try it out. Headphones, full immersion with music.
I think the kids these days say ā€œits pure vibes bro, pure vibesā€.

2 Likes

I always keep my ambient at Max. I adjust other sounds for taste and mood but, the ambient sounds are always really great for a little more immersion!

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAdbkE2i-JI

always melodies like this for endgame content or repetitive things

Way back in time, when I first started playing WoW (during Burning Crusade) I looked up ā€œhow to farm goldā€ on the internet. Back then we didnā€™t have the blog-style modules and comment sections; that timing was for WotLK (as I recall, it was a long, long time ago), but I think it was WotLK that the internet exploded with home-made videos and modules and such.

So, I found this word doc and it was about farming ā€œmatsā€. But the dude writing it included a playlist of music that he recommended while farming ā€œmatsā€ for hours ā€“ it was mostly heavy metal and thrash metal and speed metal.

1 Like
2 Likes

Disney movie musicals. Like, unironically.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just recently started listening to music again as I play, mainly because of my
Kul Tiran Warrior, he has a decent set of dance moves haha

Iā€™m currently on a ā€œAhhh, good timesā€ binge always starts with this:

The original EverQuest midi theme song always put me in the right frame of mind to go explore and die horrible deaths.

Sometimes simple is best.

I do have a playlist but not for specific activities though.
It depends on how Iā€™m feeling at the time. (I.e if I want to relax or something)

With that said, I mainly have playlists of various soundtracks which I listen to.
Lots of movies, and a bit of game and anime.

kingdoms will burn, the legion login music

Depends on what content Iā€™m doing.

For Raid nights, I put on either Power Metal or Synthwave.

For leveling or gathering, I like having some chill ASMR.

1 Like

my little pony friendship is magic theme song.

1 Like