What should Blizzard do to add to pet battles?

Wanna here what the pet battles experts think.

I’m no expert but I wished they expanded move pools and let you pick through them. Would make each pet be much more customizable imo.

1 Like

I think the battles, pets, and world quests are pretty perfect just the way they are. The whole battle pet process is well thought out and very enjoyable.

However, If they wanted to “add” something to the system I think it would be neat for pet battle players to earn unique pieces of gear, mounts, and pets. Gear would be cosmetic that their character can transmog - Such as a Pet Battle Champions cloak from accomplishing a long, challenging, quest line.

I think they did something like that for the Brawler Guild at some point?

2 Likes

I agree.

I think rewards is what’s missing really. The pet battle system is awesome already. More depth could be added. I think something like equippable items that augment pets slightly, might be cool. All of that is totally secondary though to just adding some rewards for actually doing pet pvp. Rewards for having a certain number of level 25 pets maybe. More achievements. Mogs, mount(s), pets,

3 Likes

(Sorry, everyone. I know you’re disappointed I’m still here. I was gone for a bit, but then I realized if I ever came back to WoW and the new Murk/Dragon pet was gone by the time I bought the expansion, I’d hate myself for missing out.)

Just to point out, Tirandra’s point, the Devs do that sometimes. The Falcosaur collection from Legion says, “Hello!”

By the way, I still want to know where the heck those Falcosaur pets were getting all that money they were giving me to complete all those tasks to collect the mounts. Seriously! Our pets were quest givers who paid us in gold! Generously, I might add! Where does a hatchling get all that money? Their mothers must have swallowed a lot of gold coins, and the hatchlings incubated with all those gold coins inside the shell.

And Baa’l also sends his regards.

I feel like a lot of creative possibilities were wasted when it comes to rewarding us with pets. I shared this possibility before, but no one seemed to like my ideas. For instance, the Baby Elderhorn pet (arguably the cutest pet in the game). In Legion, there was a questgiver. Well, more of menace that we had to fight with our pets. The Vicious Icefang, I think it was called, in Highmountain. He’s cornered a Baby Elderhorn, who is cowering, certain he’s about to become a meal.

I thought it would have been cool if, after defeating the Vicious Icefang in battle a certain number of times, the Baby Elderhorn decides to stay with us and be our pet, since it seems to have a penchant for getting itself in trouble and apparently is an orphan. (Baby Elderhorn’s mama would turn that Vicious Icefang into dismembered wolf parts scattered all over the mountain in short order.)

Instead, the Baby Elderhorn is simply a purchase in Highmountain after a faction grind. How boring. What a lost opportunity.

By the way, the Bubbled Ducklings should have also become a pet for us. I tend to take umbrage at things that most of the other pet collectors don’t, and vice versa. When I found a bubbled duckling with a quest and I rescued it, I felt certain I was going to get a new pet. And I didn’t. It feels like an FU to the pet collectors to me. So many of our pets have come to us as quest givers that I took it as a given that any cute, harmless animal that comes to us with a quest was pretty much guaranteed to become a pet.

There’s the aforementioned Falcosaurs. That’s how we get Ikky. No, Ikky was not born in the Auction House, contrary to popular belief. Ikky is a hatchling from WoD that you feed and when you turn in the next quest, there’s Ikky, with another quest, to be your pet.

There’s Taptaf the pig and others.

I’ve just come to expect that cute animals that come to me bearing quests are destined to become pets. It just felt like a slap in the face when the Bubbled Duckling wasn’t.

1 Like

I thought of one more thing - continue to add pet battle dungeons. I find those seriously good fun! :smiley:

1 Like

Those are pretty much done. I’m disappointed, too. I thought Scholomance would have been one heck of a good pet dungeon.

That floating skull with spinning bones would make a terrific pet. And we could find a mini philactery and have a mini-Lich as a pet. Lady Voss could make an appearance.

2 Likes

That’s just it - with all the expansions in WOW, and all the dungeons, it could be a great thing if they just made more pet-battle dungons. The OP wanted ideas, that’s one I would like to see done. :wink:

2 Likes

My Scholomance Pet Dungeon idea gets the creative juices flowing.

If you’ve ever done Scholomance, you may remember that Lillian Voss is in that dungeon in pursuit of a Necromancer, determined to kill him from creating more undead like herself. As the party closes in on the Necromancer, he seizes control of Lillian Voss and forces her to attack the party. As Voss is close to defeated, she breaks the Necromancer’s hold and attacks him. After the Necromancer flees, Lillian Voss, mortally wounded (as much as the undead can be mortally wounded) begs to left alone to die in peace.

But Voss shows up later, and for reasons no one seems to know, survived. What if Pet Battlers saved her? We could have Lillian Voss, dying and helpless, being beset by monstrous vermin of some kind. And we could use our own pets to defeat the vermin, allowing Voss to recover.

So, Pet Battlers could be the reason that Voss survives!

1 Like

I would like to see an increase in availability of wild pets in Dragonflight. As I progressed through DF I was able to get one of every wild pet. When I returned to try and upgrade the quality of my pets, I spent hours and hours camping specific spots, killing grey critters and just waiting for a chance to fight a battle pet. When I did fight them I continued to get grey and white quality pets, making the hunt even more tedious.

Certain pets like the Dusky Timbertooth has one spawn point that is bugged.

They need to evaluate the amount of time certain pets take to acquire in Shadowlands (the Maw) and DF.

Old unobtainable pets and pets from promotions not in your region put into the game… Blizzard owns the IP, they own the art… they own the pixels… put it into the game or put it in the shop and make money off work you already created.

Make is like pokemon lol

It should feel like a whole different game is being played like PVP and raiding does.

For some reason they kind of threw it to the side lol i dont wonder what the numbers are concerning pet people.

truly there should be a pet island where ya do dailies and the such hunt for rare things but idk if blizzard would do that. Just make it large!

agree id like that

I got beat so hard in those. I need more leveled pets but it takes so long to level them…

Yeah, they are a challenge (goal) but I really enjoyed that :grin:

I’ve suggested this idea before, and was thoroughly shot down, lol.

As part of this I mentioned that I’d like to see a rotation of all the beginner fights around EK and Kalimdor with updated teams. We’ve been kicking their butts for years, they deserve to try and return the favor, heh.

2 Likes

Here is a post from the development forums for top 3 things. 2 of them have to do with Pet battles

"Here is a list of things I would love be added to WoW.

1- Rated Pet Battles(and better balance in general). Pet battles have been in the game for so long. It would be very easy to add Rating to this much like rated arena where after a certain rating and wins above that rating you are awarded a title and a unique/rare Battle Pet. Seasons would follow arena seasons.

1.5-Mobile Pet battles. To go along with that this would be the easiest win for blizzard. Everyone has a phone duh. Mobile pet battles would allow you to take a piece of wow on the go. Grant a very small amount of Player character XP to this as well so you very inefficiently level wow characters as you compete in Pet battles. Features could be added similar to Hearthstone where there are PVE pet battle raids/dungeons and events as well as ranked and unranked PVP pet battles. Rewards could be earned for WoW as well as Rewards if you only play Mobile Pet Battles. Add a Pet battle pass for things to earn towards so the game also has monetization just because i know this is the only way something like this would ever get funded. It would still keep the game free for those that just want to access mobile WoW.

2-League of Legends Tower defense PVP BG-I believe BFA sparked an idea that failed Miserably. A battleground designed around a Tower defense style system. Teams of 5 on each side and a much more condensed match time(20 min cap). Battleground wide aura that could virtually rebalance classes. Maybe even create a Vehicle system for your character where in these bgs they now have a vehicle action bar with 5 abilities(that are trained and leveled in the bg) These abilities would be determined by class and spec. and the game would play out similar to a league game except much faster. Additionally there is room for expanding on this idea with rewards and possibly even standalone version of the game where players that may not play WoW could still enjoy a finely tuned game mode that would compete with League where your class can be customized by your in game wow character or special ‘skins’ that would actually be armor sets usable in WoW.

3-Mobile gaming. I touched a bit on this in 1.5 but I believe that wow could tie more things into Mobile gaming. It doesn’t need to be raiding or dungeons but there are parts of the game that could definitely be played via mobile. Dragon riding racing could be a game mode that would basically work like daily world quests you can do on your phone. Pet Battles was already touched on. Transmog, Barber shop, Auction House are all things that people could play with while being at work or doing family stuff at home away from the computer. The possibilities are vast but the crossplay between WoW and mobile should be much more prevalent than it currently is."

I think PvP Pet Battles should award honor. Not as much as BGs obviously, but some honor. Because there are now two pets in this game that are only purchasable to those who have attained a certain level of honor. If it now costs us honor to buy pets, then PvP pet battlers should be awarded honor.

I guarantee it would draw more people to pet battling.

1 Like

Keep checking in with us. We will get you there.

100% agree.

I’ve already given up on the idea of ever owning the 400 Honor pets, and I already find it painful working on the 20 honor pets. If you’re going to have pets as the reward, and pet battles have a pvp aspect to them, pbpvp should also reward honor.

If Comp Stomp, which is versus AI and not even real players gets you honor, but pbpvp which is arguably more pvp than Comp Stomp doesn’t? Seems wrong.

Personally I like to see some higher grade Battle pets added…ones that where you have to do a long series of quests and fights to obtain a Purple Quality Battle Pet.

I mean in some of Pet Battles with Tamers we are introduced to Purple Grade Battle pets…so why can’t we as Pet Collectors have some for our collection?

Make the quest line harder then Family Familiar line we get each new expansion…they could even included having to do certain real dungeons and having to pick up an item within the dungeon or raid(use LFR too) to turn in to progress in the quest line…even heck put some quest item into a Battle Ground too…I’d be up for this myself.