What server to pick

Hello, i am trying to decide on which server to pick. Looking for a pvp server and will be choosing horde. Could also use a good leveling guild.

Thanks

Modern WoW doesn’t have PvP servers anymore. They replaced it with Warmode, which is a toggle you can turn in on Org/Stormwind that effectively phases you into a PvP ruleset world. (With some bonuses to XP and such.) You can look at realmpop.com to get a general idea of server populations and faction balance.

If you’re talking about classic, I’d go take a look at the individual realm forums to see what’s going on there. I know that most of the PvP servers for Classic are pretty imbalanced, mostly in favor of the Horde.

1 Like

If your playing retail come to Illidan. We are the highest population horde dominated server. There are usually a hundred people by the AH and bank in Ogrimmar. you will get bombarded with random guild invites when you make new characters on Illidan. The city chat scrolls so fast you can hardly read it, and the zones are highly populated.

I would caution new or returning players away from Illidan and instead point them to one of the other high population Horde dominated servers. Thrall is a good server for new and old players that is more inclined to PvE with a softer atmosphere than Illidan. Area52 is more inclined to PvP types. Not familiar with Tichondrius.

I’ve played on Illidan over well over 3000 hours in legion and BFA and haven’t had any major issues. Most people are friendly just like any other server. In dungeons and raids, I PUG normal and heroic raids along with mythic plus on 3-4 characters each week. I’ve also leveled 7 characters to 120 and the other 5 classes are 70+ almost entirely in dungeons (1-100) so hundreds of random groups.

The law of averages is in play when there are 60k + players on a server it’s just all random. Illidan has about the same new player friendly ratio of people as any other large server. I’m sure there are elitists and nasties mostly mythic raiders and high mythic + players but you’ll have that on every large server. New players won’t be playing in that scene.

Example. If you go to a concert in Indiana with 60k people and then go to the same band’s concert in Illinois with 60k people, the percentage of different types of people mean, friendly, helpful, arrogant, loud, etc will be about the same. Just like when you flip a coin 60k times you’ll be close to 50/50.

I will just note that there are 241 realms in the North American region and no one has played on all of them .

Any recommendation for a realm is based upon an individual’s exposure to a very… Very small subset of the total number of realms.

The majority of social contact in the game is going to be guild based. If the social aspects of the game are most important to you, a good guild on a small realm is better than a bad guild on a large realm.
All realms will have guilds that either meet your needs or won’t meet them.

1 Like

May I suggest Azshara? It use to be a pvp realm that is also shared with 2-3 other pvp realms. Yes, all realms are pve now :frowning: but we’re still a rugged type friendly group.

I have. I am freaky like that.

1 Like

Come to Zul Jin

I love Fizzcrank :stuck_out_tongue:

This thread is 6 weeks old I’m sure he found a home. Hmmm, I guess this thread is a good opportunity for server advertisement.