What renown is needed to continue the campaign?

After doing a couple of dragonflight campaign quests I saw in the quest log that I needed to raise renown with major factions to continue the campaign. But can anyone please tell me what the specific requirements are? Like what level, do I need to raise renown with all 4 factions or just any faction of my choice, etc?

Edit: Just want to thank everyone for telling me where to look and sharing opinions. If you are also looking for this information, you can find it where you check your renown level rewards. Although, I can’t seem to find how to unlock the chapter “the Mother Oathstone”?

3 Likes

What? No way that they’d be dumb enough to have put rep reqs in the game for the MCQ…

4 Likes

yeah but it’s true…

3 Likes

Ahahahahahaha

Ye gods. And the renown gate wasn’t just naturally met from sidequests/MSC progress?

That’s a legitimate failure of campaign design.

12 Likes

Not surprising. Reputation is extremely important this expansion it seems. So are professions. If you don’t got these two things on lock you probably are going to miss out on a lot of stuff.

1 Like

That’s so incredibly dumb I have trouble finding words. Are you able to at least hit 70 before getting rep-gated?

6 Likes

yeah. there are plenty of quests. quite a lot. recommend doing them all for rep as well.

2 Likes

First time playing WoW? Renown was a dumb thing to do in Shadowlands, so OF COURSE they are going to double down on it in Dragonflight.

While Shadowlands might have sucked story wise, Dragonflight is going to suck because of stupid grind mechanics gatekeeping 90% of what was advertised as making Dragonflight good.

Blizzard, and the community, never freaking learn

3 Likes

well it is more than 10 across the board - I actually think that means you open it up in a later patch.

2 Likes

You can check what you get for each renown level. The campaign quests are shown for each rep.

nitpicky but renown for campaign is stupid. playing dungeons and probably the raid before we even get to know the context behind anything of the dungeons because the campaign is either rep gated or time gated is super dumb. I have to spoil the story for myself or I simply will just not be able to play the game.

1 Like

Nah only of Valdraken if you are only interested in doing the campaign

19 if this is it

https://prnt.sc/RObfWqpZLwJO

does not seem the same as this though

https://prnt.sc/ysFT3mmJ3fq1

There was a guy on wowhead saying he had 7 on all factions and still no campaighn . And as the post before this one stats if thats the case then this campaighn is gonna be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long to do :slight_smile:

All the systems and borrowed power were removed like people wanted but here we are complaining about having to grind rep…which has been a thing since vanilla. #cantmakeanyonehappy

8 Likes

It’s probably not a grind. It’s likely that the chapters are gated like they were with SL renown until later in the expac.

1 Like

Games fun. Sounds like most of y’all don’t play

Hating from outside the club.

5 Likes

Yeah, it has been awesome so far, and I didn’t even know there were campaign renown requirements because you get renown by just playing the game.

But yes OP, if there is a renown requirement for campaign progression I would be interested to know what it is.

2 Likes

yeah but they attached the word renown to it, so now we hate it.

thems the rules, any sort of change requires torches and pitchforks.

1 Like

I’m at level 70, finished the story, and can now do world quests and have alts choose their own areas to play in.

I didn’t go out of my way to earn rep, and while the rep quest did pop after the main story, it hasn’t stopped me from doing other stuff.

1 Like