What race for warrior in TWW or "The problem with Mountain Thane"

So while I don’t full on RP with my characters I still tend to think on backstories and motivations for adventuring and whatnot in addition to aesthetics.

With Pandamonium I made a whole bunch of new characters in prep for War Within and the coming Hero Talents, the only one stumping me is Warrior.

Slayer and Colossus can pretty much map to anything but Mountain Thane (based on Mountain King) is a bit harder to think of something that thematically fits since I’m not interested in Orcs or Dwarves.

Undead is my standby, a revenant coming back from the grave to defend or kill is certainly evocative.

Night Elf/Nightborne being ancient trained weaponmasters is neat, with Nightborne could even go off a gladiator theme possibly.

Pandaren I had an idea for being influenced by the Shas of Anger, Violence, and Hate mapping to the Hero trees, and has a lightning connection so it feels smooth with all three new trees.

But yeah i’ve just been twiddling my thumbs since nothing is super clicking for me atm.

You don’t have to be smitten by literally every aesthetic WoW has to offer.
Mountain Thane is for dwarves- and they have good heritage armour, the best m+ racials, and from what I hear the earthen racial will be “op” too.

Yes, Mountain Thane is kinda weak, niche to exactly what I just reduced it down to, and blizz changed not a single Hero Talent tree name after saying they’re “very open to changing the names” and being flooded with better ideas.

You don’t have to like everything.

IMO thematically the races that click for Mountain Thane for me aside from dwarves are trolls, pandaren and Kul Tiran. This isn’t justified in lore at all lol but that’s just the vibe I get. :v:

1 Like

Well it’s not the name i have an issue with, and the issue isn’t even an issue with the spec.

It’s that it’s very lightning themed and very few of my characters are lightning themed.

right. you can’t be helped.

… what?

nods nods

Which race are you keen on for your warrior mostly? Maybe we can workshop it.

1 Like

Ahh thank you (out of likes atm) ^w^

I usually default to Undead, with NE and Panda coming in right behind.

Pandaren; the Black Ox warrior/ White Tiger theme (Kun Lai Summit)/ and also the cute Earth elementals. Besides, for Monks, they have the talents of Earth, Storm and Fire, so your warrior might be just a Pandaren prefering to use hard-hitting brute force and weapons instead of staves and fists or agility.

For the Undead I would go for a slain Warrior that used to be a character akin to the Mountain from a Game of Throne or like a dead version of Juggernaught. Some sort of dead kul tiran viking vrykul kind of character would be that?

For Night Elf, I think a hermit weapon master of Hyjal I feel would be a way that channels the power of the Mountain Giants.

1 Like

nods nods

Thankies! You’ve given me more to chew on :3

Gnome? They’re also from the mountains. Or hell, Highmountain Thane?

I’ll be honest Gnome hadn’t even crossed my mind since I don’t play them XD

Hmm i suppose I should try them and Highmountain out at least when I get a chance.

Yeah that actually works well, you could play the lightning effects off as Xuen themed for a Panda.

1 Like