What race do you think makes the best DK?

It seems to not really affect armor much, you still get toeless boots and fingerless gloves, as well as cut sleeves.

I for one would have preferred if Undead had an option to be more Human like with full armor and good posture, like Nathanos.

3 Likes

Not much? The armor used to be torn everywhere, now it’s only fingers and toes that are showing. It used to be back , arms, ribs, legs etc.

And i agree that the forsaken should be more like the human model since they are dead humans…

1 Like

Where did you find that picture of me? Instructor Razuvious said all fresh death Knights had to pose for a picture!

4 Likes

Yeah my I modeled my death knight after that picture before I had to go horde. That picture sums up everything I like about the death knight: A tragic, mysterious fighter with a magical runeblade.

1 Like

Funny I started as forsaken and went alliance eventually. I always imagined Vermissa as a particularly well preserved forsaken which is why she’s more palatable to the folk of stormwind. Although in head cannon she’s from Lordaeron

2 Likes

I have. I was saying how the experience in life could help them handle the change in death.

Y’know what, I’ll give this post a bit of a tierlist esque to answer all your questions.

Humans - B tier for all DK Specs
Dwarves - A tier for Blood and Frost, C tier for Unholy
Night Elves - B tier for Blood, A tier for Frost and Unholy
Gnomes - C+ tier for Blood, B tier for Frost and Unholy
Draenei - A tier for all DK specs <Genuinely have the most balanced racials in the game.>
Worgen - B tier for Blood and Unholy, A tier for Frost

Void Elf - S tier for all DK specs
Lightforged Draenei - C tier for all DK specs
Dark Iron Dwarves - B tier for Blood, A tier for Frost and Unholy
Kul Tirans - S tier for Blood, A tier for Frost and Unholy
Mechagnome - S tier for all DK Specs

Orcs - S tier for all DK Specs
Undead - C+ for Blood and Unholy, C for Frost
Trolls - B tier for all DK Specs
Tauren - B tier for all DK Specs
Blood Elf - B tier for Blood and Unholy, A tier for Frost
Goblin - A tier for all DK Specs

Nightborne - B tier for all DK Specs
Highmountain Tauren - A tier for all DK Specs
Mag’har Orc - A tier for all DK Specs
Zandalari Trolls - B tier for all DK Specs, A tier if Bwonsamdi is chosen, C if NO Loa is chosen <The most variable racials in the game.>
Vulpera - C tier for all DK Specs

Pandaren - B tier for all DK Specs

I’ll let you all figure out why. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was actually surprised how much Brush it Off healed for on my Brewmaster Monk.

1 Like

See, that’s what’s tempting me to rate Frost and Unholy even higher for its survivability. Vers stacking is stupid in general but Vers stacking on KT is just incredibly stupid, it’s bonkers.

It’s a very solid racial in PvP. :slight_smile:

Why void elf and emchagnome S tier?

Don’t listen to anyone else.

Worgen is the answer you’re looking for.

Woof

1 Like

Void Elves have a passive racial that scales with Frost and Unholy mastery. You can do grip shenanigans as Blood with Shift. Although this is after the squish and I’m not sure if mastery does affect Entropic Presence. These are enough to warrant an S tier. A would-be mobility and a passive that conveniently scales with your mastery. But a lowest S tier imo. But if Entropic Presence is not affected by Mastery, it would be B otherwise. It’s kind of a big deal in my eyes.

Mechagnomes got nerfed in the prepatch from taking 2 stacks to trump a Draenei passive to 8 and things are just not looking better for them. They’ll drop down to A tier and probably B tier on Shadowlands release unless they buff Combat Analysis.

The reason why Mechagnome was S tier is because how much incredibly bonkers amount of primary stat Combat Analysis used to give. It scales very well with specs like Frost Dks that multiply with it with Pillar and FC.

Once you Hay-Maker and Grip them back, you’ll never not be a Kul Tiran

1 Like

Nightborne and Blood Elves. They remind me of the Wild hunt from the Witcher series.

1 Like

Void elf imo is a great choice because of their teleport alone. You would be surprised how useful that is. That being said human is also great for the extra 2 percent stats and the usefulness of their racial in pvp.
If it wasn’t for KT looking ugly in majority of mogs, I would roll them. they have great racials.

I really like Goblins for Death Knights. I can’t overstate how useful their Rocket Jump is for mobility, it feels SO nice.

I like my human death knight after starting out as worgen and hating the combat animations.