What professions? Pvp

As a rogue I know I need engineering for the googles. But are they for s1 or s2?
What other professions are good? I know LW for drums but that’s pve and not for me. Maybe jewelcrafting?

think alchemy as a rock which increases healing potion effectiveness. Which you will drink in pvp.

Healing potions can’t be used in arena. :frowning:

Eng/BS

why BS as a rogue?

Maces for PvP.

yeah but thats a thing i could then buy from someone else, im wanting to know what i have to have, eng is must for googles, nothing else i can think of is NEEDED. so im thinking to farm gold with the other prof.

Then do whatever you want.

1 Like

You have to have blacksmithing to use the maces.

1 Like

ugh, that stinks lol. any good ones you can get without it?

you could go enchanting for the ring enchants.

Herbalism, skinning.

Maybe you’ll ignore this too like you do most of my rogue advice.

But eng/jc

Engineering normally wouldn’t be used for season one because goggles come in season 2. But from what I’ve seen boots are usable in arena so this will be hands down your BiS use in arena if it goes live.

Jc because of this trinket early on

http://tbc.cavernoftime.com/item=24128

And this one when you can upgrade

https://tbcdb.com/?item=35702

The BS mace is nice, but it’s not ‘needed’. You can get a decent weapon from Kara, eventually season one weapon, if you’re rich and lucky you can get blinkstrike. And if all else fails, you can do heroic SH for this

https://tbc.wowhead.com/item=29348/the-bladefist

Which is basically a worse BS weapon

1 less dps. 10 less top damage. 30 less haste proc. .1 quicker speed. Not that bad.

1 Like

I read this in Dwarf… :slight_smile:

I’m unconvinced that the boots will be usable in TBC arena. If they make it that far useable I think we’ll see a hotfix. The “good” goggles are locked behind a future phase, correct.

Frankly, professions just don’t have a big impact on arena. Which is a good thing imo.

Professions have almost no impact on arena so do what you want. People need to stop worrying about min/maxing the game.

Having one extra point of stealth can actually be a massive impact. And yeah if they do hot fix the boots then it will obv make eng a lot worse but still the epic goggles are really clutch as well. So much so that a lot servers actually ban these items from play.

I play an NE rogue with 5/5 Master of Deception. The JC trinket is overkill. The only things destealthing me are Perception, Paranoia or a Rank 1 blizzard randomly and the trinket won’t help with any of them.

But yeah, it’s not a bad trinket.

Well yeah sure if you’re a nightelf then a non perception, non warlock team it would be overkill. The thing about this is, not everyone is a nightelf lol. The luffa in classic was still popular even tho dwarves have stoneform lol.

Not to mention it would be really good when you go against another nightelf rogue. Even tho I could see this being pretty rare.

All the meta slaves went female human and they laugh at me. But I did 11 flips in a row in SW one time. So. There.

2 Likes