What pet is best for solo tanking in BFA?

Just realised ferocity also buffs exhilaration heals too because of the leech significantly!

There is no ā€œbest solo tanking petā€ I literally solo using a Ferocity pet as an MM hunter your pet dies you revive it before the boss can even get in range of you and dump aggro back onto the pet itā€™s insanely hilariously stupid.

1 Like

Think your late to the party.

2 Likes

I liked using a turtle

I like to use my core hound for soloing. I usually just toss intimidation on my target when possible, then zerg stuff with it and pop lust if needed.

Most of my soloing is stuff like Motherload 0 though.

Mend pet is always a top priority whenever I see my pet taking damage and I like to use my frost traps if counter shot is on cool down.

Just wanted to throw my support for the Core Hound as well after reading through this thread I pulled Omen out of my stable, yes the Omen, and been using it ever since it does way better in soloing then a spirit beast.

I went and got Chromehound. Heā€™s a bit smaller and less flashy. Heā€™s the only one who can stand up to the mobs. I do miss my Buzzinga the bee. :honeybee:

My solo pet is a scalehide. He never dies.

So now that I know clefthoof are for bm and scale hides for mm and survival. My noob hunter question is, what spec is best for rep grinding I plan on unlocking the new races.

I love my Clefthoof (Turdferguson). But it did take awhile to get used to the grunting. So much grunting.

I use Oondasta, very happy with it. Plus i think it looks cool ( would be nice if the cannons worked, lol )

Iā€™ve had pretty good luck with Fenryr. I can keep up with heals on him fairly easy and he has lust(Primal Rage) which is great for soloing some of the harder rares and elites.

Nakk the Thunderer aka a Clefthoof pet has done wonders for my Hunter.

Cat leech + dodge buff make for a great tank.

Take note druids!!!

I think Spirit Beasts make the best pet. Iā€™ve never had a problem soloing anything with one of them at my side. This macro:

/cast Mend Pet
/cast [target=pet] Spirit Mend(Exotic Ability)

is a massive heal and SB can dispel some of the buffs that creatures put on themselves. Enrage, bubbleā€¦ gone.

Im using spiders and cats, personally. I like the leech.