What made Blizz change its mind on multiboxing?

After years and years (and years!) of complaining about the problems multiboxers caused, what was the tipping point that finally made Blizz change its mind on the issue?

1 Like

The rumor mill says it’s because WF raiders were multiboxing characters to have a class in each covenant to bypass the changing covenant restriction

15 Likes

They didn’t change their mind on multiboxing, it is still very much allowed.

9 Likes

I meant about the software.

Of course its implied. Multiboxers are just desperate to throw out any sort of victim complex or delusion. At this point, they just like to start stuff on the forum. Go read the 900 other threads since the announcement.

12 Likes

Lots of people have claimed that Blizzard is banning multiboxing because of the change. I try not to assume too much.

As for the initial question though, I’m guessing they felt the software made it too easy. Especially since farmed gold could cover the sub cost. This combination meant more people than ever were able to effectively multibox.

2 Likes

Technology evolved to make it easy to do, and WoW token makes it easy to pay for itself.

5 Likes

they haven’t cared about the complaints for years upon years, so something “changed” on their end.

6 Likes

Multiboxing is still allowed. They banned the software that a lot of people
were using simply because it was what the big farming bot groups were using.

5 Likes

Probably started cutting in on their profit margin.

4 Likes

I suggested to blizz some time ago that instead of letting some outside company lease software to multiboxers, why doesn’t blizz take it in-house and make extra revenues by charging players who want to multibox. Maybe they’re in the process of doing that. lol

2 Likes

How would it cut their profits?

A WoW Token costs more than a sub to buy

6 Likes

Probably all of the boomkins farming endlessly respawning mobs.

8 Likes

i don’t buy that. i barely play these days, have never multiboxed, and i’ve had time to level 2 druids, 2 priests, 2 monks (3 after tonight), etc.

My tin foil hat theory is that some Blue finally decided to take a gathering profession and was shocked by the AH prices.

That’s really the only explanation, because they sure as heck didn’t listen to feedback.

Or, you know, maybe they have just started. After all, they did give more customization and brought back some spells, something which people have been asking for for years and years and years as well.

5 Likes

Yeah, they’ve appeared to make an effort to listen to players more than before. They’ve probably lost a lot of players in BFA and realize they need to finally change their attitude.

2 Likes

I think they realized that they can’t justify banning people for botting when you have to use similar software to mirror keystrokes to accomplish multiboxing.

We players have things like https://theunderminejournal.com/#us/area-52/category/herbalism so I would be very shocked if Blizz didn’t have some internal data viewer at least on par with that.

1 Like

They wanted to see how many tears they can collect

3 Likes

You don’t have to