What links can Trust Level 2 can actually post?

YouTube links, gotta be fast to post it, otherwise, get an embed message saying can’t include media links.
Armory, can’t post, as it says can’t include links…

Seriously, what links can someone of TL2 actually post?

https://i.imgur.com/hDn45xQ.png

Only Trust Level 3 can post links other than links to Blizzard stuff from their own website.

4 Likes

If you’re having issues posting links permitted by TL1, you’ll want to post over in the website bug report forum.

5 Likes

Really?

From TL1.

1 Like

And that thread is from 2018 before changes were made to Trust Levels.

So, you’re saying, people outside of Trust Level 3, can post a YouTube link, which is not a Blizzard owned site, but can’t post a Blizzard site link, to lets say, the Armory?

This seriously makes no sense.

No. I’m saying that you can post Blizzard owned sites, but not Youtube. Youtube and Twitch allow ads and some content that Blizzard doesn’t allow on their sites.

Not according to the screenshot I posted above.

And that was from trying to link to the armory of one of my toons

Do you know what you’re even talking about? I can post a YouTube Link, and I don’t have TL3. But I can not post the armory, this is what I was getting at.

Kyzera here … testing on a different Battle Net account with a Trust Level 1 character.

I am unable to link to Blizzard links (get same error as OP), so testing if this YouTube video will show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jv0HYpGLXgA

And no it would not for me – said I could not embed media links. But it let me do the URL link. Very odd.

Further testing. Just typing out the link below gives this error: An error occurred: Sorry, you can't include links in your posts.

Not even hyperlinking it works.

https://worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com/en-us/news

3 Likes

With YouTube, found having to be fast for it to embed as a media link, which means, just linking it and hitting reply before the preview shows the media link as an embed media link.

2 Likes

The links thing changed with a the most recent round of forum changes, I want to say a month ago? Two?

I’m not sure if the change was intended, but since their forum software is a third party license I’m also not sure if they have the ability to change it back.

5 Likes

This bug of not being able post Youtube links unless you submit immediately is turning up in other forums based on the Discourse forum engine, so it’s not specifically a Blizzard issue.

4 Likes

Blizzard.com links work and Worldofwarcraft.com links work, but Worldofwarcraft.blizzard.com, which is what we see on the Armory don’t have permissions. I’m taking a look to see about adding it.

Thanks, all.

9 Likes

Thanks Vrak. You’re the best.

2 Likes

Sure thing! Just for the record, Youtube links are permitted. There are a few sites that aren’t blizzard specific that are considered “safe”. Granted, the content of those videos are subject to the Code of Conduct so videos with a bunch of language can still get one in trouble. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Oh, Vrek, sorry for this reply, but in regards to the “few sites that are considered safe”, do you think gif keyboards from such gif sites such as Tenor and Giphy would be allowed for more people who doesn’t have TL3 in the future, assuming the gif isn’t in violation of the forum Code of Conduct.

Just wondering that is all.

Just so you don’t think you’re being outright ignored, Vrak mentioned yesterday that he’d be gone the rest of the week, leaving for Blizzcon.

What you can do though, is post your suggestion down in the Website Bug forum? It is a repository for feedback and suggestions there as well, not just bug reports. It is one-way though, so you will likely not get a response. But the people who handle the website will see it and be able to take note for them to look into.

6 Likes

Expanding which sites are considered “safe” is definitely a possibility, Ayukama. Submitting a suggestion would probably be the best course of action as Leilleath mentioned.

4 Likes

Just one last question, where do I go to submitting a suggestion.

Peek at the post just above Vrak’s.

3 Likes