What item are you most looking forward to getting?

Foreman’s blackjack. Yes it is still funny. No I won’t stop hitting you.

1 Like

Talisman of Ephemeral Power trinket from Molten Core is also a really fun item.

Super-powerful. The trinket gave you 175 spellpower for 15 seconds on a 90 second cooldown. Back then Spellpower was called “Increases Spell Damage and Healing”. That was a whole lot of spellpower considering that a well-equipped MC or BWL mage had maybe 300 Spellpower on their gear total.

And Spellpower was the only stat that made spells hit harder. It was the primary damage-boosting stat for all casters.

In Retail terms it would be like getting an activated trinket that gave you 4,000 int for 15 seconds on a 90 second cooldown. It was HUGE!

It was also the ultimate item for a “3-minute mage” in PVP.

1 Like

I didn’t have an epic shield on my shaman until 2.0. Five bosses into Naxx and I still had the blue shield from ZG. So I’m going to freak out if I get Skullflame or something to drop while leveling.

I will terrorize Ironforge with my Rat Catcher’s Flute.

For real tho… probably Rhok’delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers if I roll Hunter again. I may go Rogue, who knows.

Murky.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Ashje’re Thul, Clothbow of Smiting.

I’d say my GM’s claymore, but I won’t be doing that grind again so that possibility doesn’t exist.

So I guess it would end up being Crul’Shorukh.

First item I’ll be looking for in game is that Int dagger that used to drop in and around BFD. It was like the only cool staff alternative at that level and might have been the first useful blue I found when I first started playing. Since I believe it only comes off elites, I may not see it though until I’ve outleveled it first time around.

For Nostalgia and collection purposes, the Dreadmist set, particularly the Head piece. I loved the set as a whole and look forward to collecting it and completing the 0.5 chain once it’s out.

Someday when I roll a warrior, I will be running Sunken Temple over and over until I get the Warrior’s Embrace.

(I rolled this character when I saw it drop while playing my priest, and never got it to drop for this one to wear.)

Hand of Rag. I simply ran out of time at end of vanilla to get it on my paladin. Same with Atiesh on my mage.

1 Like

Benediction for sure

1 Like

ICE BARBED SPEAR!!! Then maybe Pig hammer!

2 Likes

Worn Shortsword
Worn Wooden Shield
Recruit's Pants
Recruit's Boots

Why?

They’re the items I’ll start with on my newly created gnome warrior.

4 Likes

I was tickled to realize I still had the Brawler’s Harness on a warrior I rolled in mid-2006, even if it was made into a green item at some point before character’s starting gear changed.

I have a strange habit of not thinking about what shirt I want to wear.

It wasn’t until very late in the game that I found Sawbones shirt and decided to wear it on Cheater.

I also don’t tend to think about tabards at all. I didn’t wear one until the game gave us a functional reason to do so.

For character progression:

My Lock: ZHC/ToEP… because that’s when you start headshotting people in pvp

My Rogue: Perdition’s Blade or better dagger, since I only had a lobotomizer on that alt in OG. I want to see what the class is capable of in better gear

My enhance alt: I never even got Unstoppable Force since I leveled it so late… Just any raid level gear I can get my hands on

The #1 item I want in vanilla however:

Staff of Shadow Flame off Nefarian for my lock… I had top caster DKP in two different vanilla guilds specifically saving for that item and it never dropped… I farmed BWL once Xmog became a thing, and I still didn’t get the damn thing until late MoP or WoD. I have a personal vendetta against that staff now.

2 Likes

Zinrohk Destroyer of worlds. Absolutely loved that sword.

1 Like

Atiesh.890

1 Like

I was really excited to get any glamorous two hand weapon back in the day. Because it was easily noticeable.

This time around… if I play a warrior again probably quel serrar, never got the second binding in vanilla & I am not sure I want to be a prot warrior this time around.