🗺 | What is your favorite zone in classic?

For me this company is dead. “classic” won’t be vanilla.

I actually loved the original Stranglethorn Vale (STV). I mean it got really good once we got our ground mounts which if my memory serves me was just as you got into the higher more difficult questing areas.

4 Likes

Having played WC 2 and WC 3 just going through all the zones from the old lore… The coming of the orcish horde… Blackrock Mountain/burning Steppes have always been some favorites. I often would run around those zones for WPvP.

2 Likes

THEN TAKE THY NEGATIVITY AND BEGONE THOU PESSIMIST NAY-SAYER

7 Likes

Cool. See you in Classic.

4 Likes

Mine is a top 4. Horde at heart but I like the leveling path and connectivity of the Humans. Elywnn>Westfall>Redridge>Duskwood is such a good story to play through, for me atleast.

1 Like

Silithus, it’s so horrible and so hated by players that I play it out of spite.

1 Like

Ungoro crater, to me there was nothing like it. Felt like I just walked into Jurassic Park. Then when I seen a devilsaur it was all over lol

-Sinclaire -Torch-

4 Likes

Tanaris. I love the original music!

2 Likes

You be gone you gullible legolas wannabe that will buy anything.

Dun Morogh

2 Likes

Favorite Kalimdor Zones:
Thousand Needles, something about taking the elevator down, the mesas, the centaur, the flats. Cool quests, pretty cool point in character progression. Nod to feralas and felwood which we’re both nice changes of pace after being in desert for 5000 levels as horde.
Favorite Kalimdor Music: The barrens. Super iconic.

Eastern Kingdoms Zone:
The Hinterlands, and STV. Trolls have been my favorite race in game forever. So many cool quests.
Music: STV, special nods to Shadowfang Keep music sound track though. So cool.

1 Like

Overall I think silverpine forest.

I liked the quests and the general feel for the area and there was a large level range of mobs and quests to do. Plus it was home to SFK my favorite low level instance right out of a DND campaign I swear.

1 Like

Duskwood, hands down, then Thousand Needles.

1 Like

Duskwood…Stitches alone makes this zone number 1 for me let alone the rest of the story in this zone.

2 Likes

:+1:
It’s complex, compelling, and the different storylines – all in that one zone – are challenging(?), compared to what the game has become since Wrath. My only regret when running that zone is that I eventually run out of quests and MUST move on.

2 Likes

On my Horde toons, my favorite is Hillsbrad Foothills. The Yeti, the ogres, Durnhold Keep in its original form, the impromptu wPvP of Tarren Mills vs Southshore … then Arathi Highlands.

1 Like

Elwynn Forest. It was the first zone I started playing in, and two things in particular stood out - The awesomeness of the entry to Stormwind, and the griffin flight coming out of Stormwind.

Also, the challenge of not pulling more than one murloc (inevitably doing so, shortly followed by corpse running to get the heck out of there), and taking the candle from a kobold and running for my life.

2 Likes

Like the smell of my grandmothers cooking taking me back…the music, the world design and ambiance of the barrens will forever be a nostalgic trigger for me.

2 Likes

That of the wolf gear gonna be clutch!

No…

Even when i raided hunter I was never one of those “gimme everything” people lol. I got my ranged and my stat stick and that was all i needed -yawn-

2 Likes