đŸ—ș | What is your favorite zone in classic?

Duskwood. First time I truly felt like a paladin fighting the undead. One of my most ingrained memories.

7 Likes

Barrens wins gold, Felwood gets the silver and bronze goes to Hinterlands

4 Likes

Love barrens and hinterlands. Felwood makes me upset since I love nature

1 Like

Aesthetics - Azshara
Nostalgia - Westfall
World PvP - Tanaris
Atmosphere - Plaguelands

3 Likes

nice set up, so gonna use it if’n you dont mind:

Aesthetics - Teldrassil
Nostalgia - Duskwood
World PvP - Goldshire in Elwynn Forest hehe
Atmosphere - Tanaris*
Adorable - Thunderbluff
Inspirational - Feralas
Weird - Silithus
Unique - Azshara
Yuck - Desolace

*the music and sound fx went very well with the zone

3 Likes

Aesthetics-Teldrassil forsure that was almost my first leveling zone

Nostalgia- Ironforge/
the music and the time spent goofing off with people on vent or TS

World PvP- Black Rock Mountain
I was always early for MC and BWL so PVP was a great option while waiting lots of it when T2 was the best set.

2 Likes

I felt this same way, there was something magical about it back then. But then again it was my first experience in a game like wow. Everything felt special and unique. I don’t think I’ll have another experience like it unless VR steps up and we explore a unique new world like that.

2 Likes

Ungoro Crater

3 Likes

yup, same here. lover reading the race action, and as a skinner it was a great place to stock up on leather. idk why I liked that zone so much, but I always did it faithfully.

3 Likes

Good heavens, yes. It was the perfect lead-up to Tanaris as far as getting skinning level up. I could circle the Sand Flats and kill lots of skinnable animals, with them respawning by the time I’d made a complete loop. (Yep, this gal was actually a skinner/LWer in those days. Traded skinning for Tailoring when I was 70.)

3 Likes

I LOVE your name! Lol sorry for being so random. I honestly cannot remeber the best places to level professions. I just sorta went along as I leveled.

1 Like

Torn between STV, the Barrens, and Azshera. Desolace was pretty neat too.

3 Likes

Tirisfal/Silverpine

Can’t wait to get smacked in the face with nostalgia upon walking into the Brill Inn and hearing that little jingle that I think is completely absent from the game now apart from that section of RFD with the skeleton mage boss.

Also looking forward to spoopy Silverpine and those darned Sons of Arugal!

3 Likes

desolace was cool but toooo many bad memories trying to find rexar 20 times to do the ony key as horde, lol

3 Likes

Eastern Plaguelands.

Its dark, threatening, and difficult. It has excellent ambiance and really sells the whole “the Scourge isnt screwing around” theme. I loved leveling through that zone before Cataclysm ruined it.

3 Likes

cata ruined all the zones, all the flavour was stripped in the name of change

6 Likes

Durotar will always be my “home”. I love Tirisfal Glades, Tanaris, Felwood, Barrens, Silverpine Forest, and even Stranglethorn Vale. But, favorite, goes to Durotar.

4 Likes

I was hoping that the new revamped zones would have made the zones relatively the same but scaled everything larger. It would have made sense for flying coming to Azeroth and would have actually made it worth going back to the old zones to see how much details they could have added from more caves to islands to landmarks. Nope they just took the existing land and defaced it.

2 Likes

Deadwind Pass.

3 Likes

Duskwood and SilverPine Forest

3 Likes