What is Up with this Strafe Bug! (can't strafe)

Seriously can’t figure out what is causing it. Had to leave a BG cause I couldn’t strafe. Only thing that seems to reset it is getting on your Dragon and turning in air. However just did a dungeon no problem got out have the strafe bug again. I put a ingame bug report in.

Edit - Okay I had to leave another BG cause of the strafe bug. I wasn’t on my dragon and could strafe before entering. Then got in and boom can’t strafe.

29 Likes

Some of my friends now experiencing it. Just started a few hours ago. Makes it impossible to do instances when you can’t strafe.

4 Likes

had that experience in the first normal dungeon i did a couple days ago. weird that the bug is still around after all the maintenances since lol. ah, code.

1 Like

Weird I never had this happen till just a few hours ago. Wonder what is triggering it. However I can’t get it to stop so can’t do any instances if it pops. I have to leave if the bug happens.

1 Like

I too have had this problem, it seems to occur when you try to cast a channeled spell dismounting from your dragonriding mounts.

Because dragonriding replaces the main bar, you can’t really just… organically get in to a fight as you use a spell to dismount yourself and start immediately attacking. It’s a bit of a mess to be honest, I don’t think Blizzard has tested this thoroughly, because the user experience is not resonating with a multi billion dollar companys research and development team.

So, sometimes, I make the mistake of trying to cast Disintegrate (Evoker channeled spell), and the act of starting the cast does successfully dismount me, but - it also immediately cancels the channel of that spell (Not from movement, it does this even if you’re stood perfectly still), and sometimes - it comes with the no strafing bug. I fix the strafing by getting on any mount, or doing a forced movement ability, like Heroic Leap, Hover, Blink, etc. Seems like that usually fixes it for me.

2 Likes

Hmmm I don’t have a channeled spell but I did dismount to mine and fish today. Now I can’t get it to stop.

/reload does not work, turning off addons did not work but a guild mate did find a way. Mount up on your dragon, fly around then land. That seems to fix the strafing problem, at least for now. Might happen again but I’ll keep things updated.

6 Likes

Happened to me the other day 3 times.
I had to /camp to fix it – Alt-F4 didn’t even work. Spaghetti code.

I tried disabling all my addons, reloading the UI, Legit alt-f4’d relogged on my character and it was still broken. /camped and tried another toon and it worked on that toon – logged back on to my war and it was working again.

The second and third time I just /camped and it was fine when I logged back in.

6 Likes

Why are you strafing? Keyboard turn like a real man.

4 Likes

Thanks I did post that… but here is the problem. If I que for a Dungeon or BG and I can’t strafe. I can’t mount up on the dragon. I’m in an instance!! So I have to just leave.

Tell the other people in the dungeon you gotta fix something real fast. Then use the Teleport out of instance feature, mount up do the fly and land. Then teleport back into the instance.

1 Like

Prot tip for that good call. Unfortunately I can’t do that for BGs so just eating the deserter.

It specifically happened to me when i took a BG while mounted on the dragon. I couldnt figure it out so i just shut the game off and went to bed.

3 Likes

It is still happening when I entered either BG’s or Instances. Out in the world you can do the remount fix but I’ll be strafing in the real world, go into an instance, or BG and it’s back every single time.

1 Like

Same warrior mainly

you can add a skill on your action bar as #1. I put tiger palm as a monk and when i land, i just use this to dismount.

This doesn’t work, for anyone curious. I’ve tried. The only thing that seems to fix it is rebooting.

Experiencing it right now.

In game.

Nothing I do fixes it short of totally shutting down and logging back in.

It has caused me to get hit by stuff and die I would ordinarily have not been hit by.

1 Like

having same problem except in BGs, I even left dragonflight made sure my strafe worked and moment i entered the BG IT MESSED UP AGAIN.

3 Likes

I just started to experience this bug. Could not strafe then tried relogging. Got my left strafe to work but nothing I do is fixing the right strafe. I have relogged again, redone dragonriding, queued, etc.

1 Like