What is up with RDF?

There appear to be many bots/gold farmers that now que into RDF. I’m talking no communication, casts one ability the whole time, does less dmg than level 70 toons in phase 1, move in weird straight line patterns type of behavior that makes you go “hmm”…and it’s happening in like 90% of the groups in RDF. Then you have the people with a couple other toons on follow who will vote kick you at the drop of the hat when they aren’t being allowed to afk and take all the loot(then you get stuck with a timer and can’t que). A few groups of this happening would be understandable…but it is SOOOOO prevalent in RDF right now that I’ll usually go through 2-3 groups before I can even fully complete a dungeon to complete the daily.

I mostly tank, and it’s wild how consistently bad the groups are right now in RDF. It makes me wonder if Blizz is making bots to give the game an appearance of population or rather if Blizz just doesn’t care about the quality of their product and just lets bots/gold sellers run around free from consequence. It really destroys the desire to que. Maybe that’s part of the reason it takes ages to find tanks anymore?

Blizz, can we get some actual actions against the botters, multi boxers, and gold buyers/sellers in the game? It’s absolute garbage right now in game with how heavily into RMT the community seems to be, and how that RMT attracts the worst types of players into group content.

1 Like
  1. Botters do get banned
  2. Multiboxing software is banned but not the hardware so Xboxing is technically still fine.
  3. Gold sellers and buyers also do get banned.
1 Like

Eclipses happen too, that doesn’t mean they happen often.

Bots get banned every week/month.

That doesn’t seem to be working out too well, if it’s even true at all.

I’m pretty sure they adjusted the wording to include hardware multiboxing.

Yes, if either software or hardware is used to perform multiple actions with one button then it’s bannable.

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our End User License Agreement. Please note, however, that use of all software or hardware mechanisms used to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multiboxing in any way may result in account penalties.