What is up with keys this week

Keys this week aren’t pushable because of sanguine. You get 30-80 million healing from it a dungeon and it’s like your key timer is depleted by an extra 2-4 minutes on-top of the usual difficult Tyrannical bosses.

3 Likes

Tyrannical weeks are interesting. For the most part, DPS players are so concerned with their damage meters being huge, that they spec into full AoE and ignore single target. That makes bosses take forever. My group tends to have at least one of us go a full on Single Target spec to help with this issue.

Also, something I have noticed is that sanguine weeks, there tends to be less good people running. A number of people I know are saying, “I got my one key done. No more this week.” Not sure why. I’m a blood DK so Sanguine doesn’t bother me very much. People run with their group, and that’s it. I’m struggling to find healers this week and fill with halfway decent DPS. It’s been tough so far.

On tyrannical the bosses take way longer and cd’s run out while the chance of making a mistake increases.

Look at dots that truck plus aoe combos you start running out of cd’s.

People are reallly trash at tryanical.
Most players keep using their aoe builds that do horrible single target and alot healers just generally arent good enough to heal the bossess.

1 Like

What key levels are you talking about? This sounds like bad tanking. I tanked a 20 Ulda this week with 4 million sanguine healing. My usual seems to be in the 20-30 million, and most of that is from something stopping to cast just as a pool spawns underneath, despite my kiting.

Getting up to 80 million sounds awful, but maybe that’s normal above 20s? I’m not sure.

I think it depends on the dungeon while 80 million sounds like bad tanking I would say like 50 million can be possible regardless of tanking simply because there are so many mobs that do uninterruptable casting BS this season

That can be mitigated by moving things off of those mobs before they drop a pool, or just killing the non mover first.

god i hate sanguine…

if this week was bursting, it would be wayyyyyy better imo :100:

+22… +23s. FH, Neltharus, BH…

There’s too many mobs that just like to sit and cast plus when you have giga sized pulls in FH + BH you’re going to get healing regardless.

4 mil seems unrealistically low because the average log I looked at on timed +22-24 Uldamans was 30-50 million. Some as high as 80 million. Every 20 million healing is about -1 minute reduced from the timer.

They need to change Sanguine because all it does is mathematically increase the amount of trash hp you need to kill. It was the same problem with Bolstering, but Bolstering got nerfed.

1 Like

Yeah, too many mobs that can’t be moved out of sanguine and too few classes have abilities to knock them out of it.

Honestly, I’d prefer a new affix to replace sanguine. It belongs in the trashcan next to quaking and grievous.

Idk why specifically, but this post gave me an interesting idea to rework sanguine and not just straight up remove it like half the affixes recently.

Instead of adds dropping pools on death, a sanguine add/orb could spawn 10-15 yards away from current pull and slowly move towards the closest add. If it hits the add it will heal the pack within X yards for Y%. This still plays off positional requirements and depending on whether or not there’s a timer vs just having to deplete the HP there’d be counterplay by either cc’ing, displacing/kiting until timed out, or just adding a target swap quick dps check.

Essentially like a combo of explosive/sanguine without the potential group wide damage.

I was pretty proud of myself for that one, and it was definitely an outlier, because I’m normally in the 20-30 million range. it was also a 20, not 22-24, so I don’t know if that could affect it much or not.

I’m just saying that the tank does have some control over the amount of healing, and 80 million just seems very high to me. And some of the healing doesn’t necessarily add as much time as raw math would suggest, because healing done to the lowest mobs first just gets passively cleaved down while damaging higher health mobs nearby.

I’ve always found Sanguine to be almost a free affix as long as I’m paying attention. I’m sure it’s an absolute nightmare with a tank that isn’t, or worse, is clueless about what to do (not that I’m saying that applies to you; you’re running keys much higher than me and I don’t imagine clueless tanks is a frequent problem in that area).

Yeah I remember when I started tanking in shadowlands I was bad and sanguine was a huge problem for me nowadays its not an issue but back then oh man

Honestly though Sanguine is worse now then it was in SL, reason being this season dungeons are FILLED to the brim with casting mobs, and i only have so many interrupts, or worse, mobs that cant be interrupted.

1 Like

It’s interesting that when affixes came out in Legion sanguine was considered one of the most free ones.

Now since the rest have mostly been removed or gutted it’s a bad one.

There were some dungeons that sanguine was worse then others in, most of them the narrow hall type where you might not have the most room to kite or knock back without aggroing more mobs.

True, but it was still free compared to most of the others.

Bolstering with no end duration.

Necrotic

Bursting being max Hp % based and undispellable

Grevious stacks not removed with direct heals.

Etc.

Yeah, FH / Neltharus / BH have many mobs that immune to knock back ability and slow casting (immune to interrupt as well) in Sanguine pools. 50 million healing or something from Sanguine pools in those dungeons are normal (it’s really bad btw). 50 million healing is around -4 minutes reduced from the timer. Sanguine is basically similar problem with Bolstering because they are both annoying and slow down the dungeons.

Yep, and Uldaman is super-hell with it. I can only imagine how much more annoying Sanguine will be on Fortified in Uldaman.

1 Like

Its sanguine - even if played extremely well it ends up adding 15-30 seconds to your run

If it is played at an average level it adds a minute or so.

If it is played poorly, even 1 pack can get real messy and add tons of time to a key.

I don’t think Sanguine is a wildly difficult affix personally, but it undoubtedly is one of the few remaining that naturally adds time to a run just by existing.