What is up with keys this week

So I got all 19s timed pretty easily last week and was going to do the same this week but I havent timed a single key this week no matter what something always goes wrong and the key gets bricked which is strange because I felt that fort was harder than tyran this season and I did all the 19s last week pretty easily

2 Likes

Fort tends to be seen as easier as a wipe/death on trash and you can run back quite fast, a wipe/death on a boss and hoo boy.

Thing is I often find tyr easier as you on have the boss, and its adds, to deal with when on fort, if you pull too big, there can be issues with trash mechanics.

1 Like

Almost every group I’ve got into over-pulls trash because “trash is easy this week!”, and then creates a situation where it’s difficult to keep some of the trash out of the Sanguine puddles. Huge time waster.

4 Likes

ME TOO. And it’s driving me crazy, this week is making me stop pugging altogether bc I always hear from my friend how she’s this ilvl and how she’s this IO meanwhile I’m still the same ilvl and somewhat improved IO

1 Like

Thats an interesting reason for having your keys killed for me its the bosses as a tank I feel I have no control over if we time it or not because some of the bosses are massive heal/dps checks and if we fail even once our lust is gone and gg

1 Like

I find Keys are either timed or dead at first the boss this week, people still don’t know how to do boss mechanics

weird i’m thinking the exact same thing as i’m browsing these groups…and here’s the thread.

anyway, yeah lots of really rough players recently…guessing diablo has something to do with it, along with a pug culture of people “skipping tyr weeks”…so they literally don’t have the experience/game iq/whatever :100:

1 Like

Sanguine is a MASSIVE time sink, and generally the primary reason.

7 Likes

you mean I took the wrong week to take PTO

2 Likes

This, the problem is when you wipe on trash on a fort week, usually you can take stuff with you so that next time the pull is easier or not as hard. On top of that even with a fort week up, a pack of mobs does not take that long to drill through.

Now look at tyrannical week. Bosses can take WAY longer, and wiping on a boss when you are 50% through the fight is devastating to the timer because you have to run all the way back, and spend all that time on that boss to chew though that 50% all over again.

Honestly Tyrannical is a horrible HORRIBLE affix as its the only affix in the game that can out right stonewall a group. Even on fort weeks, you can slog your way though tough mobs and eventually get to a boss. Fort weeks can straight up just stonewall and prevent a group form even finishing a dungeons no matter what.

I could be wrong but i wanna recall something like a 50% participation drop in M+ During Tyrannical weeks.

2 Likes

Its not sanguine for me I always move the mobs before they start dying Boss wipes are whats causing me to brick every key

1 Like

Its just brutal, the dungeons this season have so many one shot mechanic on the bosses, and or worse yet having anyone down is almost always a party wipe.

Worse yet because of how much stronger bosses are, just 1 DPS down makes the entire fight take WAAAAAAY longer.

I have been on the remove Tyrannical affix for ever now.

4 Likes

Tyr is brutal this season for pugging. It always is (for pugs. I understand coordinated groups have a much easier time of it, for obvious reasons) but there are MULTIPLE bosses in every dungeon this season with extreme healing checks. There were a couple in S1, but not this many.

2 Likes

I would say that this season is WAAAAY worse then last season for sure. Last season the only dungoen i had to out right fear for Tyrannical week was Noknud because of boss number 2.

This season, its Nel, Neltharions lair, Tyr. So many of them are just brutal

4 Likes

And to tack onto it, if you pug it, it seems like almost every group has one guy that absolutely should not be in there by ilvl. Skill accounts for a lot, but you can’t skill your way out of a boss encounter hitting 15% harder and you’re at a stamina deficit so bad that you’re getting killed by unavoidable damage that you would’ve otherwise survived if you had more HP. Bonus points for that one guy being the healer.

2 Likes

This.

Tanks be overpulling and not moving adds out of the sanguine, or not kiting as they start dying.

Luckily I have ring of peace ;3

2 Likes

Tyrannical just sucks.

Fortified is the right balance between trash and boss HP.

Tyrannical weeks give you bosses that last forever and cycle through their mechanics 3+ times, which is boring.

But more importantly tyrannical trash just dies so fast that a lot of classes don’t really get to fully participate in killing it, because of ramp times.

I think this has been obvious for a fair while now, it should just be Fortified week every week.

4 Likes

This honestly please just remove tyrannical

2 Likes

I’d prefer if they added hp locks on bosses, so say 75/50/25. Basically if you get a boss to 3% and wipe, you come back to a boss w 25% hp instead of 100%. Would be way less punishing and maybe incentivize more people to stick it out instead of just ditching the key.

Bosses are speed bumps on fortified.

If they do anything they should just make the baseline scaling the same as having fort and tyrannical active at the same time.