What is the most challenging spec in the game to play?

Demo warlock is the hardest to play well. Very unforgiving with the rotation and has long combos that require pre-planning and good decision-making to execute well, and has a very high skill cap if you’re manually controlling pet casts to maximize damage. Affliction warlock is hard as well. Warlocks are usually the highest skill cap ranged.

Among melee I’d say enhance has the highest skill cap because there’s a lot of overlapping timers that require decision-making and you can drop dps to off-heal, etc.

Doesn’t necessarily mean those are the STRONGEST (e.g. demo sucks in PVP and enhance isn’t currently meta), they’re just the highest skill ceiling.

I was gonna say this. As an outlaw main it’s basically a very simple rotation done very quickly, that doesn’t suffer too much dps loss from the occasional fat finger. I think it’s setup that way purposefully, because the skill comes when you weave in your utility in dungeons etc. Anyone can RTB to victory dps wise.

2 Likes

Spamming Sinister Strike isn’t challenging.

1 Like

Drunkard… to many damn people trying to get me sober all the time just because I passed out on the church steps one… err… two… or was it three times? I don’t remember. Anyway… urp …hic!

You missed the other 10 buttons actively used in rotation.

Why are you saying this as a Warlock?! You should know better how big of a lie that is.

I’ve never played priest or shaman so maybe one of those take the cake but for me I would say:

Feral druid for dps

Prot warrior for tank

Idk about healer. Maybe disc priest?

Feral druid isnt hard to play per se, but to do big damage it’s hard.

All of them if you’re stopid like me.

Of the specs I actually find Arcane mage hard. With feral I can reasonably multi dot and keep them up and moment of clarity is nice.

Only time I’d consider it super big brain is if you’re owlweaving in high keys.

You mess up arcane mana and you’re screwed till your mana is back up.

Yeah, daunting at first. I would say WW and Feral would be the most confusing to just boost and play

Fire mage. I got frost and arcane down fairly well. I just really suck at fire.

I suppose if I forced myself to play it for several weeks I would get better, but I know and play the other specs well so I just can’t do it…even though it’s been the “meta” for a long time.

I didn’t realize spamming Sinister Strike between Roll the Bones, Blade Flurry, and Between the Eyes was super challenging.

The most challenging is Feral, since it’s outshined by the Moonchicken and stigmatized for being bad because it’s a caster-strong expansion.

1 Like

is this true?

i dont see many ferals but when i do ; they make it seem easy :wink:

I mean, hard to play or hard to play well?

I’ve played almost every spec at some point, and it was easy enough to play them, I was just terrible.

1 Like

Whatever spec you are on when you are grouped with the worst players in the game :slight_smile:

The hardest spec to play is being required to make friends to do anything in the game.

I like survival, its fun to me. I liked the enhancement shaman from legion-bfa compared to the crap that all these folks said they wanted and now no one is playing it. Why? Because doing auto-attacks as 80% of the rotation isn’t fun.

With that said i’m sure by the end of SL it will be back to the way it was and then on one will play that to. Holy crap folks…

No offense, but if you think Enhance is 80% auto-attacks these days then you don’t know how to play SL Enhance.

The current Enhance spec has one of the highest button rotations in the game, with the option for more through talents. Baseline rotation has something like 14 buttons.

Highly doubt BfA Enhance will come back. The spec just didn’t play well design wise, things like builders were just 100% irrelevant because Maelstrom generation and procs were too high. It essentially became a 2 button rotation with you pressing SS when it procced and LL if it didn’t.

I guess the least popular spec. I always assumed that Warlock was the most difficult to get a handle on, so the lock player was unstoppable dps wise when played correctly. things lining up and such. I’ve had a DEmo but it still confuses me. So I went Warlock Light and mad e a SP.

Disc.

/thread

I don’t really find any class challenging to play so I don’t know what to tell you

The difference between a lot of buttons and a lot of pressing is pretty void after you learn how to do your rotations right on almost every class

1 Like