What is the lowest level you can do heroics?

Do you need to be max level to do heroics even for past content, or is it possible to do heroics at a low level? As an extreme example, I can enter many dungeons at level 20, but could I also do heroics then too?

At level 30, you can walk into Heroics (and raids) from The Burning Crusade and Wrath, at least. I don’t think you will get very far at 30, but you can enter. I sus[ect you would find it a lot easier at 35.

There never were any Heroic dungeons in the origial Vanilla game, in EK and Kalimdor. A couple have had a Heroic difficulty added afterwards, but those need the level of the max-level of that expansion.

Edit: It appears once outside Chromie Time, you can enter Outland and Wrath Heroics at level 30, but not Cataclysm or higher. I’m guessing you will need 35 for Cataclysm Heroics, and so on up the expansions.

Here is what I believe to be the required levels:

30: The Burning Crusade and Wrath
35: Cataclysm and Mists
40: Draenor
45: Legion

To enter a TBC or Wreath Heroic at level 30

1. Go to Chromie, and ask to be returned to the current timeline.
  2. Travel to the entrance of the dungeon you want
  3. Right-click your portrait/name and select Dungeon Difficulty and choose Heroic.
  4. Walk in and Good Luck! :four_leaf_clover: :smiley:

I’ll just add that generally speaking, you get an overlevel bonus for content when you are 5 levels higher than the cap. So, generally, that’s the point where soloing heroics becomes reasonable.

Difficulty varies from expansion to expansion. At 35, BC is trivial, while wrath is easy, but not trivial. (Wrath becomes trivial quickly with each level you add.) At 50, Legion heroics are doable, but may require some gearing and actual strategy in encounters.

BfA has some quirks as the leveling content was re-scaled to 60 in Dragonflight, but end game content is still at 50. If I’m remembering correctly, BfA heroics are part of that end game content at level 50, while the normal version scales to 60. (So, the heroic becomes soloable before the normal version.) If you head into a BfA heroic at 60 and see level 60+ mobs, then my memory is wrong on that one.

1 Like

It depends on the expansion content you’re trying to play. I wouldn’t bother doing them at 30. Wait until cap and do heroics from current content for the gear. You’ll get better experience from doing normal mode dungeons while leveling