What is the incentive to being alliance?

I haven’t gotten to level my lv 111 Human up to 120 yet, and my Void Elf is still stuck at level 25, but the Warfront Moonpriest set looks so gorgeous and pretty & I am totally jealous.

The Plaguebringer’s set for Horde isn’t bad, but I like Alliance version way more. :broken_heart:

I started out with a Night Elf hunter in BC. Added an Orc hunter in Wrath who eventually became my main for a time.

Then Cata came, and I didn’t like the way the Horde story was turning, so I made this guy. I loved the Worgen race since before this guy had even finished the Gilneas starting zone. Latrans here has been main ever since. :wolf:

I also find that, while it can be bland at times, I much prefer the overall Alliance story to the Horde’s.

My Orc is still my lore alt, but right now he’s sitting on his hands waiting for flying.

1 Like

The players that decide that are a small percent. However, those players are also the leading top players in PvE and PvP. That 1% drive most of the players towards Horde as the human racial “Every Man for Himself” was severely nerfed throughout its lifetime.

People want to be in servers with top raiding guild and PvP because that’s where the better quality players are at.

It is not argument of 1%, but an argument of how the 1% has influence the other 99% to choose a faction over the other when it comes to PvE and PvP.

4 Likes

Nice! You and your spouse sound like good people. :smiley: I was pretty excited when we finally got that armor set, minus cloak and cowl, in WoD.

My friend likes the ones you can run around with during war fronts, I believe he said.

There’s a dwarf in Stormwind armor, near the docks, who sends you on a little sightseeing flight. I forget his name, but believe he was added in Cata. That was kinda my first look at a dwarf in the SW gear and felt they looked really good in it.

1 Like

Well that and the rugged satisfaction you’re playing the game on hardmode.

It’s that and Draenei being the coolest most original race for me.

2 Likes

Cladis you…

thinks of goldshire

Might have a point actually.

2 Likes

There are 2 choices. People pick what they prefer. Most players play a single “main” most of the time, so choosing what gamerace to play decides their faction.

That’s utter nonsense. Pure baloney. I’ve played both factions for 14 years, and have never seen that “obvious” difference.

It may seem that way to you, and that is okay. But don’t assume everyone thinks like you do.

Y’all can speak for yourselves.

A little known secret, there is also a Dairy Queen in Tinkertown

Thanks! I’m pleased with it as well although I think it looks better on the male dwarves. Hard to put my finger on it, but something is lost in translation for the female. Maybe the shoulders are a tad too big?

I’ll have to check when I get home. I don’t recall seeing that one, thanks for mentioning it. I’ll have to take screenshots of the inspiring ones during warfront because they may eventually disappear. The Stormpike Emissaries no longer show up in the game and they were the only robe-wearing dwarves for that faction, you know? Thought they’d be around forever until they changed the system for the battleground queues.

2 Likes

Because back when the game started, Alliance only had paladins. Been playing this toon since Classic, and always enjoyed their story overall.

Still play Horde toons though, since seeing both sides is entertaining and useful.

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh wait you’re serious.

1 Like

Stometimes Blizzard forgets we exist, so they don’t ruin us with the weird, distasteful stories they write.

1 Like

If I was more interested in PVP or competitive raiding (which I am not) I would probably consider Horde since they may more opportunities (from what I hear).

But I don’t do that, and I started with Human characters and I now I know my way around alliance areas. I focus a lot on class mechanics, so it’s the class I play that matters, I see no reason to play a different faction. I would almost consider playing a Belf Paladin because they look nice, although I never quite liked the way their legs are splayed when they ride a mount.

“There’s no need to fear, underdog is here!”
Some people like the struggle.

Two words, love;

/tentacle
/flip

1 Like

RPing in SW is much more tolerable.than Silvermoon or Orgrimar

1 Like

Majority of everyone I’ve been playing with for years are still alliance, and they’d never go Horde.

goldshire, friends, and moral high ground this expansion.

Nah, I don’t play the content where it would matter. Also, Horde have always been better at PVP while it has NOTHING to do with their races; Alliance could also stick together, healing and supporting each other. They just run by you and ignore the 2 extra Horde guys who just jumped you.

Otherwise, it is aesthetics and Stormwind; Horde characters are still just the “worst” to me, while their cities are inexcusable.

I still often, or even sometimes mainly, do collecting/events. That means going through the main city as a “hub.”