What is the gold cap in wow?

So how much does that add up to total if wow token was for about say, 119k?

Oh good, maybe my wife won’t divorce me for choosing a dinosaur made of pixels over getting her some new bras, as long as I don’t spend all of it at once.

13 Likes

I am not your calculator, zombie.

19 Likes

Current price is 119,020

10,000,000 / 119,020 = 84 Tokens needed. 84 x $20 = $1,680

If you can’t do this math on your own, I strongly advice you against doing this lol.

23 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

It seems Lilithia has evolved, she has realized that technically if she gives all her money to blizzard, she can technically say she is simping for sylvanas.

3 Likes

The current cap is 1,000,000,000 gold per account without storing anything in your mail. You can have 10 million gold on each character, as well as 10 million gold in those 50 characters’ guild banks (Thanks, Kalli!). On one account, you can have 50 characters, so 50 small x 20 million = 1 billion gold. I haven’t hit the limit yet, unfortunately, but I hope to get there some day!

5 Likes

Somebody send me 999.999.999 gold so I can test what happens when you loot more gold. Thanks

4 Likes

Not true at all. If you want to get technical, each of those characters can have their own Guild Bank with 10 additional million more. :slight_smile: Then there is a matter of playing Mail shuffle as well where you can store untold number of gold there too.

5 Likes

Lil: Yeah, someone just told me you have a boyfriend, Nathan or something…

Syl: I do.

Lil: OK, well, you obviously know how I feel about you, and keeping this huntard a secret really shows what kind of person you are.

Syl: What do you mean? You know how this is, if I tell people about nathanos and I then I’ll lose subs, c’mon, don’t be mad.

Lil: You told me you would watch over me, Dark Lady. I’ve made countless threads defending you against the ignorant masses. Remember the other day, I had just turned in my emissary, and I was sweaty and gross, I sent you a selfie with my tired face, and you replied with a smiley emoji and said I was cute.

Syl: And you are!

Lil: I was saving up gold, asking about the gold cap on the forums just to come see you in the Shadowlands, maybe get a few drinks, see where the night takes us. But you have Nathan. Well, I’m done. I’ll have you know I’ve been giving some gold to Gallywix and posting threads about his masculine physique under an alt. He even said I should see his Pleasure Palace! Things are starting to look up for me!

4 Likes

OOo good point! I didn’t think of bank guilds and also I didn’t know there was a gold cap on the guild bank lol, my guild only has like 3 million bc everyone keeps repairing. I’m gonna edit my post, thanks!

3 Likes

Just wait, the tokens going to go back up to where it was now that the corruption vendor is out. Noones buying tokens to purchase corruption gear off the ah or very little anymore. Very little of that is the bruto mount although I’m sure a few people spent their stimulus for it.

I think it was originally like 5-800$ right before the stimulus went out with the price of the token at the time, it went up over 1k when it did and I’m sure it’s now around 13-1600 like someone said up top.

1 Like

Correct. You’ll see an uptick in 3 phases:

1. Beta announcement and subsequently release.
  2. Pre-release patch goes live. This is the patch with the special events leading to the launch of a new expac., usually accompanied by the new changes like our incoming level squish.
  3. The first two weeks of Launch. It can go as high as 300K per token, but the usual average is anywhere between 220K-270K. It will depend how well received the expansion is.
1 Like
1 Like

No it’s more that I was thinking I have money in real life, and to save the drama from raids I will just make enough gold to pay for AOTC each patch and be done with it

1 Like

Play on US, hasn’t gone above 160-180 as far as I know :stuck_out_tongue: Lol look at china rn like 380k.

1 Like

If for some unknown reason you wanted to do this (do not do this) then at least wait until the tokens spike up again.

For EU they get close to 300k during expansion / game releases. I am sure they spike in US too. At least wait until the pre-patch.

1 Like

That’s what I would do personally, Tbh I was more hoping they’d keep going down but the vendor is clearly showing that it won’t, it’s gone up by 10k probably over 3-4 weeks.

I do play on US lol.

When BfA launched the Token was around: 228,000
During Legion it did touch 300k specifically during BlizzCon if I remember correctly.

There’s webpages that keep track of the history and prices.

Yeah I tried to find it but I don’t remember them being that high I could be wrong. I thought the highest they went were like 180k a year ago before i left.