What is the best race for shaman?

As the title says.

Orc
10 charecters

5 Likes

Depends for which spec, Ele / resto probably troll, beserking is so great.

Orc for Meele, but even that’s debatable.

Dark Iron Dwarf obviously!

1 Like

Tauren. Got to have my warstomp!

3 Likes

Depends what your goal is.

Orcs have stun resist and axe skill, which are both excellent racials for PVP and PVE respectively. Trolls have beastslaying, which is great for farming huge piles of leather, and berserking, which is just generally nice. And Taruen have increased health and war stomp, which is a stun exactly long enough to get off a Lesser Healing Wave.

7 Likes

And a whole lot more!

2 Likes

All of them provide benefits: Orc is best for Enhance when they get a big axe, Trolls can benefit off Berserking and attacking Beasts, Tauren get more HP and the AoE stun.

Really can’t go wrong with any of them.

1 Like

For pvp caster shaman it’s tauren for stomp heal since the heal is actually good. For pvp enhance it’s orc since your heal is going to be weak and the obvious stun resist is good.
For pve it’s troll.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m with everyone else here. Each race has racials that are purpose driven for various play styles. Pick your play style and the racials will decide for you.

Troll everything :wink:

3 Likes

PvP - orc and stun resist is really good. Tauren warstomp can help with getting stuff off you and healing or running (but it’s kinda meh).

PvE - orc is good for enhance because of the axe racial and ap racial. Troll is good for ele/resto because of berserking and beastslaying helps ele further.

1 Like

Space Goat! Coast to coast!

6 Likes

I love the orc sham.

1 Like

Whichever one you like the look of the most. Racials have a part to play as some lend themselves to certain specs or playstyles better than others (orcs are a little better than others for enhancement and/or PvP, tauren are good in PvP, trolls are a little bit better as Elemental or Resto especially in PvE) but making a character you like the looks of and you like the animations of is far more important imo.

The real answer is trolls though. I like trolls.

from what I’ve been reading. if it can be an orc it should be an orc. I like to pvp and the racial is “too good” to pass up. something like 25% stun resist. takes out HOJ and rogue openers.

Tauren, lowkey for pvp… for ele-shaman

Stomp+chain lightning

Just depends what racials you can work best with.

My personal picks though:
Orc for Enhancement shaman, bloodfury is a melee’s best friend and the added stun resist and axe specialization doesn’t hurt.

Troll for anything casting related, mainly healing, it’s not a huge difference since while casting you’ll rarely be low enough on health to fully utilize it but berserking can help you some quick spells out. Plus you can regenerate five hp, and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop you.

Tauren is just a generally solid choice, I suppose you could go Tauren if you’re unsold on casting/melee as their racials help with both. Can’t go wrong with extra resistances and health.

4 Likes

Troll for PvE, Tauren for Elemental PvP, and Orc for Enhancement PvP. A case can be made for Orc Shaman as Elemental in a premade vs premade setting where everybody is likely to have grenades and the occasional tidal charm due to the passive stun resistance, but the skill ceiling of Tauren is far higher as a well-timed War Stomp is enough to make or break a game.

1 Like

Orc. Random stun resist is better than anything.

1 Like