What is the best, "Overall", Horde/Alliance race for Lock?

I’ve been looking through guides, searching on Google, even visiting dear I say it, “Visiting Reddit.” to find the race of races that can bring the utmost out of playing a Warlock. But it’s all mixed salad going on there, and I need some bigD Warlocks to comment.

So what’s going to bring the utmost out of Warlock (specs aside.) and why?

Thank you!

the differences are so small as to be almost entirely aesthetics
that all said bloodmallet knows. and it depends on spec not class

1 Like

I’d always suggest to go with any race of your preference, for aesthetics…but come to think of it…certain races do provide significant changes? i.e orc with 20% resistance to stun (I think this is big) and increase pet damage by a small %?

Troll is best overall because the haste bonus is insane for locks, alliance I would say it’s probably Gnome or Human for their haste increases.

Although weirdly enough, Mechagnome sims highest for demo for some reason :thinking:

sure and that makes orc attractive in pvp and particularly good for demo but then
if you explore bloodmallet, not by loads. and each spec is about the same

Best races haven’t mattered since MoP.

Choose what you want and liek the aesthetic of. Which racial will you find more use of in the situations you play?

I chose human because of how great they look in gear, their bonus to reputation grinds (which always comes in handy) and the free stun removal I can use on top of my pvp trinket.
The added bonus to secondary effects is nice too.

For Pve Orc and Trolls are your best bet. For pvp the 20% stu reduction is very nice along with the increased intellect from their racial. I just came back horde and went troll because I like the increased haste it provides and the voodoo shuffle or w/e which is a 20% reduction in snares and slows plus they get the increased passive healing but only out of combat I believe…

Thanks for all the advice!

On the side of PvP, how much is the Orc racial going to save me? I’ve been mulling over the idea of going Troll, and their racial Voodoo Shuffle seems to be beneficial.

1 Like

If your orc and go to a different horde race the stun reduction is noticeable by a small margin. When it comes down to it play what you prefer and like because if you look at the top 100 page its a mix of orcs/undead/humans/dwarves and w/e else.

I’m in dilemma to change to either a goblin or vulpera :smiley: but imo the elite gladiator xmog looks better on a bigger body frame

Yea all gear in general looks weird on the smaller classes imo. I was goblin fo ra little bit enjoyed it and i liked the rocket jump but got bored with it fast.

Don’t want to be an *** but it did at the end of BFA where human was op. With my hunter not being human meant losing something like almost 5% dps in mythic+. But for the most part yeah you are right.

I beg to differ my friend.

Depends entirely on how you play, and what situation you are in.

Goblin could arguably be the best should a tier arise similar to ToS, or any boss with platform knockoff mechanics in which you can use it to save yourself, or raid by jumping back onto a platform, or into a soak.

Troll would be strongest in a raid with more slow effects, or for bosses with much smaller burst windows due to the haste allowing for more casts within the window.

Orc will gain value based on its CD, but it’s passive aswell, where a boss like shriek which requires Los, will pump more value into your felguard as it will attack while you LoS, causing the pet damage to be very strong.

In keys blood elves aoe racial can also reign supreme for high pushes.

But as others said, you can play whatever you want tbh.

We get the stun reduction, slight pet damage increase, but most importantly? We’re the OG warlocks.

Troll hasn’t been top all expansion.

Orc is the top.

Belf and Velf, because ilvl is temporary, but transmog is forever…and they’re the only race with minimal shrink/streth/clip issues (just the ears). Performance wise, they’re what? <=1%? Lots of folks swear by Orc and Mechagnome though.