What is the actual reason for no maw intro skip?

I busted my butt getting the corridor creeper, and it made the alts journeys much quicker. Except for that monologue by jaina.

Because they are stingy with adding any skips that lets players cut play time.

It adds an hour to the engagement metric of an account every time someone levels an alt.

Edit - I just level every one of my alts to level 52 and make sure they are iLvL 100 before they go there… Seems to help. (I actually have a Paladin at level 58 now from pet battles. Maybe I’ll go there when she gets to 60.)

2 Likes

This is #9 for me

2 Likes

I will never skip a Maw intro. It’s exciting watching Darion swing his huge sword around :blush:, and killing stuff for me. Thrall, and his axe not so much.

The same reason it’s vital to make an obstacle out of entire zones. So you don’t eat up content as fast.

Yeah I think once you access Oribos on your main there should be a skip - heck there is literally a portal there.

Yeah…I can see that being an annoyance, lol

So if its not a big deal. Then why is it a big deal to make it skippable?

And if its not a big deal, and the reason is related to a technical issue…why not come out and say its a technical issue?

It makes no sense.

My opinion at this point is that there is a technical reason, and blizzard embarrassed by it and so they wont say it publicly.

1 Like

Something something meaningful, something something player experience, something something we might sell this as a patch feature later, something something Kotick needs another jet.

1 Like

Funny thing, though; most of the time I’m doing the Maw, I’m not playing

… I’m alt-tabbed, waiting for Jaina or whoever to finish their spiel, probably watching Youtube. If we can’t skip the Maw outright, could we at least skip the lengthy exposition scenes? It’s nothing I don’t already know, and it’s not exactly told in an exciting fashion.

3 Likes

Worst part is they make you click to keep them talking, like, why? Just keep talking, there is no reason I have to poke you three times to get to the point.

4 Likes

the actual reason is probably the company doesnt wanna pay programmers to code the change lulz

No actual reason as you yourself said they never gave a reason.

My guess, they put a bit of time into it, and some $$ spent, probably are trying to include some pseudo-rpg feel. But also want to get the most out of it before they do a skip in a year.

cause they really want you to earn that singular level. apparently that’s more important than your time.

1 Like

You MUST see this amazing content. Why on earth would anyone want to skip this amazing feature we created.

“Blizzard dev team”

They are surprised anyone would complain about 5 minutes of cutscene.

Thanks. It’s nice to see in black and white how illogical and incompetent the argument is.

This about sums it up with a lot else about shadowlands.

No, it’s still 40+ minutes. Timed it just the other day with a Druid.

1 Like