What is the actual 2 button class?

Evoker in general is pretty easy, not many buttons, and a lot of targeted Evoker abilities have smart targeting so you you’re always buffing/healing somebody regardless of whether you’re targeting someone or not. Someone on Reddit managed to get Keystone Master with Preservation on Steam Deck.

2 Likes

It does. It’s essentially a portable PC. You can install pretty much anything / everything that any PC can do.

I just use Console Port. With some set up using the triggers and shift keys, I’ve changed the 4 “action” buttons into 12. Works pretty well open world and leveling with various classes. I’ve done LFR once and it was a bit cumbersome.

So we just able to omit buttons if they count as something other that just what one spams…? Well if that’s the case then everyone is a 3 button spec.

If utility doesn’t count, CDs don’t count then what counts as an ability? Something that has 1-2 sec CD?
The criteria seems heavily based on bias based on if one likes or hates the spec they are discussing with heavy doses of salt.

Regularly raid and m+ and besides utility it’s 6 main abilities I use. Not 2 or 3.

Use 2 or 3 buttons and have fun staying the bottom of the charts being laughed at. No class does a 2-3 button rotation.

1 Like

theyre not asking to play optimal, theyre asking the easiest to get away with with no buttons. even with damage cds included its like 8 buttons max. Ret is the most over represented dps because it is the easiest to play and its dmg is over tuned for how easy it is.

1 Like

MM(non optimal) could probably get away with 3 buttons.

These, and also Fury. 2 button is hyperbolic for all of them, but they’re the usual contenders for simplest classes in the game.

However OP I’d also consider APM in your calculation for “class right now requires the least possible buttons”. Because even though they may have the smallest number of buttons in their rotation, they press more of them per minute.

https://twitter.com/MyranSSB/status/1725568038764740788

Notice how the classes are closer to the top :slight_smile:. There are certainly a few masochist classes that are high complexity and high APM though lol

Fury, MM, and Destro have relatively few buttons in their rotations.

I would go with mage.

Eh, it’s more like 5-8 buttons.

My ret paladin is the only character I have that has a free keybind and even then, that’s going to Fyr’alath when it drops.

If you are playing solo shuffle the 2 button spec is Feral Druid

Basically button to accept queue and button to release when you die (optional)

2 Likes

No class is literally only two buttons but if you get right down to it you can put your most used abilities on half of one bar.

2 Likes

Nope, just simply smash the keyboard to activate whatever is available and still do optimal dps

I have a baby ret and am put off by the inability to screw up on that class.

1 Like

BM Hunter
Fury Warrior
Ret Paladin.

Issue with ret is it has a lot of utility

1 Like

Ret bm and fury do

1 Like

While I’m not familiar with the Steamdeck’s button mapping interface and how it feels, I could see it being possible to reduce the basic rotation to a couple of buttons if you have mod macros and play with a Crusading Strikes build. The question I’d ask is what your actual button limit is and what your bindings are capable of. :thinking:

I think your best bet if you go with ret is to make use of the ability to page through your primary action bar. This is just me spitballing, but maybe you could go something like this:

ACTION BAR 1
1: Judgment
1+Shift: Blade of Justice
1+CTRL: Hammer of Wrath

2: Final Verdict
2+Shift: Divine Storm
2+CTRL: Wake of Ashes

ACTION BAR 2
1: Execution Sentence
1+Shift: Avenging Wrath
1+CTRL: Divine Toll

2: Divine Steed
2+Shift: Shield of Vengeance
2+CTRL: Lay on Hands

I tried keeping your more frequently pressed buttons on Action Bar 1 while keeping CDs of 30+ seconds on Bar 2 as to hopefully keep you from switching too often. This way, in theory you’d only ever need to swap your bars back and forth every 30~ seconds.

I could see Fire Mage potentially working with this too:

ACTION BAR 1
1: Fire Ball
1+Shift: Pyro Blast
1+CTRL: Scorch

2: Fire Blast
2+Shift: Phoenix Flames
2+CTRL: Flamestrike

ACTION BAR 2
1: Living Bomb
1+Shift: Counterspell
1+CTRL: Blink

2: Shifting Powers
2+Shift: Ice Block
2+CTRL: Time Warp

Not sure how difficult it would be to get your muscle memory to work with this, but for the sake of your challenge, maybe this could serve as a passable framework? Either way, best of luck!

Those binds are awful.

Not to mention you’re ignoring a ton of utility that those classes have.

Honestly I think the challenge is pretty miserable lol, but I’m not really sure how else you can fit all the utility in. If the goal of the challenge is just to win a either a PVP match or a raid, this could probably work for something like a normal. Like I said, I’m not really familiar with the steamdeck’s UI or button interface, but if the goal is to keep it to two buttons with modifiers allowed, I think it could work. It’d suck, but it’d work.

How would you go about mapping with Ret? I’m a little curious!

Probably not possible do anything remotely competitive on the steamdeck. Even my braindead spec requires 32 keybinds for utility/cc.

1 Like

There really isn’t an actual two button class. There are definitely different degrees of complexity but anyone saying a class has a two button rotation is just being hyperbolic for effect.

If you’re just hitting a training dummy some specs are super simple but the moment you’re in a live fire scenario even those classes have more complexity.