What is more "Fantasy" Warlock or Mage?

Since dragonflight has restored my “Fantasy” feeling back into this mmo. Im thinking of grinding a new magic class. Would you consider mage/warlock more fitting into the fantasy realm of dragonflight? Thanks all!

I guess it depends on your fantasy.

WoW Mages are always good for fantasy, but I don’t really enjoy playing them. Warlocks have Voidwalkers and soul stones and can summon, they just have a great tool kit for solo and group play.

Warlocks can have that dark caster fantasy but I think they will not get much focus for a while. Mages are always in the picture, if not Krasus, then Jaina or Kadghar or Thalyssra.

Mage def has the more classic wizard/ess feel to it to me. Full of tricks, book smarts, experimental and formulaic. While locks have a more occult vibe. The witch of the forest or the wicked queen type of thing with summoned servants. Both for sure can fit into a classic fantasy mold, I’d say it just depends on if you want to be light or dark with it.

Mage fits a lot better in Dragonflight and in WoW in general.

If an expansion has no demon or fel/shadow themed cosmetics you gonna hate farming mogs. But since Mage is a lot more colorful and not ‘‘evil’’ it fits more themes.

I don’t think I have seen a single new warlock NPC since legion. I have no idea why a warlock would even be here.

With all the blue dragon activity, mage is far more fitting for this expansion.

1 Like

Wow, warlocks function completely different than their D&D counterparts I kind of wish that all the powers they use would come from making pacts with arch demons and dark demi gods. mages are pretty close to fantasy and would be considered better fantasy than a warlock. thats just my OP though everyone feels different.

Both, because magic isnt real IRL.

Warlocks have better ingame lore if you note the now gone class quests.