What is happening to the Economy?

Things are kind of getting expensive on the AH, does everyone have gold to spend now?

yes, Alot of people are sittting at 100-3k gold.

Go farm stuff or buy gold. idc what option you pick just stop complaining about being lazy.

3 Likes

It’s the phase start, profession mats are expensive because people are all leveling their professions for the epic gear. 225-300 is the longest most expensive stretch.

Otherwise Raid consumes are pretty cheap, mongoose in the past would be 15-20g a piece normally or should be, and last I checked it barely breaks 4g, and giants should be 6g and its flirting at 2g.

Seems pretty healthy to me.

1 Like

Needs the wow token stimulus

1 Like

no it equaled out, its pretty cheap for alot of stuff.

The positive effects of banning GDKPs in P2 was completely reversed by incursions…so now there’s a MASSIVE glut of gold in the economy so enough people can afford 2g for an elixir of giants that the market is just staying inflated.

The incursions were a massive hit to SoD economy.
(I’m lucky enough to have a friend and guildie who enjoys herbing and making pots for me and key raid members, or I’d be screwed. I didn’t exploit the incursions.)

if you didn’t spend hours upon hours exploiting incursions, then you are now a part of the SoD underclass :expressionless:

3 Likes

I’ve literally done zero purposeful gold farming yet in Phase 3 and still managed to generate about 800g in profit so far.

They’re just straight up giving us gold at this point tbh.

Same thing that’s happening in the real world. One country causing massive inflation

you dont need to “exploit” incursions, just stop vendoring everything in your bags and learn how to use the AH

When I was an underclassman I was a firm believer in a global minimum wage. :upside_down_face:

This season has been fun to watch.

Remember, in a free market prices always find their way to make the average person spend all their money. :joy:

c’est la vie

Nope. I have about 50 gold between all of my toons. It’s whatever though. SoD was fun phase 1. Now it’s just retail+

Fixed that for ya, that’s the rest of your statement there.

I fixed your mistake

This isn’t what’s happening. The people who are quick to abuse every exploit before blizzard removes them are given gold. Everyone else is SOL after nerfs.

I didn’t make a mistake.

RMT/bought gold didn’t have consume and green prices through the roof in P2…
Incursions is the only actual economy change since then.
And you didn’t teach me anything, you just demonstrated ignorance in a toxic manner. (Twice now)

Have a nice day.

The ‘economy’ is controlled by moguls running non-stop TSM scams and reselling. They’re to blame for high prices. Even if bots flood the market, they’ll buy it all and reprice it at a higher value. That’s your enemy.

2 Likes

What country are you blaming. I blame the orcs. Their economy is growing so they are demanding more non durable goods like pots and food. They could never afford this back when they were slaves, so the demand didn’t exist.

You can blame the dwarfs for propping up the gnomes and rebuilding their kingdom. That certainly has stimulated the economy. However, without the dwarf’s help the gnomes would be paupers, and would be a drag on the economy. This might have caused stagflation or something worse—Deflation!!! But when you are looking for the rascals who are responsible for “massive” inflation, most experts look at growing economies.

I can’t blame a single kingdom/country. I blame the Orcs and Trolls. They need to raise interest rates because their economy is growing too fast and the rest of the world can’t keep up.

What do you think?

:face_with_monocle:

:joy:

:clown_face:

I haven’t done a single exploit. I’ve just played the game so far.

Things I’ve done in Phase 3 so far:

• Leveled from 40-48 through dungeons, and then 48-50 through incursions on Friday (after they nerfed Ashenvale Gold)
  • Leveled Blacksmithing and Mining to 300
  • Did Hinterlands Incursion Quests until Exalted with Emerald Wardens
  • Three Sunken Temple Lockouts with my guildies
  • Farmed Wild Offerings for Rune/Trinket/Ring
  • Hunted for Waylaid Supplies to try and get ACA to Exalted for the 18 slot bag

Things I haven’t done:

• A single Hinterlands Incursion Quest past Exalted with the faction
  • Abusing the instance reset glitch for Mara to be able to run more than 5 instances in an hour
  • Abusing the Warlock Exploit for unlimited Otherworldly Treasures
  • Any Mining Trips beyond what I needed to get my BS and Mining both to 300

And yet, I’m STILL at 800g more than I started this phase with, and that’s with spending tons of gold on leveling Blacksmithing and Raid Consumes.

So yeah, it certainly feels like if you just play the game, you’ll be handed gold at this point.

oh so the items that vendor for 2g-6g, the mobs dropping 7-20 silver, mage weave and rune cloth being hard to obtain, Almost everyone and their mother having double crafting profs with no method to gathering the mats required to level them absolutey had no part in the economy at all? mhmm

i think your the type of person that refuses to learn anything that would actually benifit you, just buy looking at your logs.
https:// sod .warcraftlogs .com/character/us/crusader-strike/stormwolf

the above comment was the first time of me being toxic.

boomers get real upset when you reciprocate the same energy they give you. :slight_smile: