What is going on with this World Lag?

Anyone have any insights?

I spent all of DF until now pugging M+ - primarily with US based groups. Usually play with around 200-250ms in these groups which is totally manageable - maybe half second delay.

However, ever since 10.2 dropped it has become absolutely UNBEARABLE in dungeons with US groups. The absolute best I have seen it is around 380ms world lag (29ms home which is normal). It has ranged anywhere from 380ms up to 1150ms in the last key I did.

This game is literally going to be unplayable to me in a few weeks once majority of the OCE groups dry up and it’s the odd OCE key amongst dozens of US ones.

I can’t even see anywhere that anyone else is complaining or Blizz have acknowledged this at all?

3 Likes

I’ve been getting unplayable levels of latency (1000+ms) when connecting to an NA instance from OCE (happening in M+ and Raid with NA hosts). Of all the people that have also been getting it today, they have said they were with Telstra. So there might be some outage, routing issue, or mass congestion atm. Can only play on OCE instances at the moment.

I really wish we had an “opt-out” option to never match to NA instances, even if it means longer queues for match-made content.

Nope, not just you man. I just got out of a lfr where I got over 5k ms. Sometimes I will get into a key and it will be completely unplayable. I didn’t even pay attention to whether it was oce or not for the majority of the expansion, now I just don’t queue them at all.

Well when you think about it, Blizz/Act was just sold, so moving all the servers to a new location does happen. Specially when it comes to Microsoft. Now you understand all the maintenances that took more then 6hrs each…

Having the exact same issue since 10.2 - 1-3k ms in any instanced content with an NA server leader (M+, LFR, Timewalking etc).

can we try to narrow down what it could be?
so, i know it’s not:
addons
internet

Maybe its the graphics settings, ive noticed they’ve changed around the options. we should look at that.
Nvidia
Ping system

1 Like

Why is there no blue post to sort this crp out. The game is not playable at all and BGs are a fing joke as well as dungons. As mentioned its not add ons or even net connection. Sort this out.

1 Like

i made a post on the tech forums (an actual detailed post). I made a gif of what i am experiencing, if you guys want to check it out.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/oce-world-latency/1729223

tbh ive been playing less because of this issue, even though I’m on a 12 month sub.