What is gdkp?

A lot of the ones I’ve seen require a buy in that’s set pretty high. Basically to prove you have the gold to participate. So yeah, a ton of them are no good unless you’ve got a bankroll already established. YMMV.

1 Like

You go and make money off the loot others buy.

That’s some pretty amazing thread necromancy.

1 Like

You’d be surprised to know that some weps off KT have gone for well over 150k gold.

weapons usually sell for 1k+ gold. Certain BiS items will go anywhere from 2k-7k. Think BiS rings, plate gloves, caster weps, trinkets, etc.

I would say that most GDKP runs are guild-based on my servers.

Couchy

GDKP runs in general are fine for grabbing a lot of stuff cheap, most gear has a 20g bid start, so assuming you had 80g, you could likely bid on 2-4 items and probably get a couple, and probably still make some gold back at the end or the raid. This is of course assuming your doing more entry level content MC, BWL, ZG, AQ20, where everyone pretty much has everything they need. Usually there are a few items that lots of people want and are willing to spend money on, just assume you won’t get those items and your fine.

As you move to higher level content you will see more high priced items, as well as their will start being a bit more of a check to ensure people are capable of doing the instance both gear wise as well as knowing the mechanics, but usually that’s only in AQ40/Naxx.

The nice thing about GDKP runs is it gives experienced raiders some justification for coming out and doing old raids on their geared characters, which means you tend to have relatively strong groups, so they don’t care if they are caring a few under geared people on a lot of content, as well as there are a lot more raids in older content then there would otherwise be.

Once TBC launches, initially you will see a lot fewer GDKP runs, while some runs will continue, you will see a lot more traditional DKP, SK, Loot Council, as well as MS/OS raids, most of these will be guild runs though. As People gear up and move onto phases, you will see the GDKP runs again start to pick up on the older phase content.

1 Like

so instead of typing /4 ingame or typing “www.google.com”, you decided to type “worldofwarcraft.com”, clicked on Forums > WoW Classic > WoW Classic General Discussion and ask this question here and wait for people to reply, when you couldve had the answer in 5 seconds?

You’re really cool.

The end of WoW Classic, as well as TBC Classic.

5 Likes

Ive always thought it stood for gawd damn Kao-pecktate

I see it like gambling, and it shouldn’t be allowed in the game. Vanilla never used that system, and I think it’s completely ridicules.

1 Like

Double 12 month necro, nice

ZG gdkp is awesome. Always get like 250g+ per run. If you aren’t geared at all, you can buy most blues and even some purples that drop for very cheap. It’s usually only a few big ticket items that go for insane prices. Don’t fall for the lie that you need to have 10,000g+ for gdkp to be worth it.

its wows p2w system.

3 Likes