What is better 4 world pvp range or mele?

also recommend a class pls

Didn’t you just ask this question? I’d say either go hunter or warrior.

i asked similar thing in the 3 pvp forums at the same time cuz i wanth a lot of answers
THX

1 Like

For big groups hunter, warrior, dk, and lock. For dueling and ganking, just play whatever you find fun.

Stealth like rogue or druid so you can gank.

Range is beneficial when you get the furst hit and engage at distance so something like MM hunter.

2 Likes

This is the answer. For wpvp ranged or melee isn’t the question. It’s stealth, or no stealth (and the answer is always stealth).

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter really. Typically you win by having better gear or getting the drop on someone. There is no honor 90% of the time.

1 Like

if you want the actual real answer from someone who’s led world pvp successfully for over a decade, then read my post.

in small scale (10v10 and below) currently it depends on the comp youre working with and how well you can coordinate burst. 2v2 and below rogues dominate. anything above that its dk/ret/warr/mm or survival/big hitting casters.

medium scale (above 10v10 below 30v30) its dk/destro/surv then anything that can do immediate cleave that doesnt split so warriors are only good for kyrian spear in this. little less useless when its closer to 10v10.

large scale (30v30+) same as medium scale but way less forgiving.

2 Likes

so would you say fury warriors in epic bg’s ? or frost dks … i know frostdks bring deathgrip and frost fever chain of ice, wars just have charge and in your face damage. ? ive been thinking hard of leaving my dh,warrior and dk and try feral forthe stealth and ability to speed my team to next point with roar of sacrifice… but not sure yet

theres no world pvp in this model with “warmode on/off”

1 Like

I don’t know where you are but I see it on Stormrage, and participate, very often.

2 Likes

Oh, so good! a wpvp with so many low skill rush payers but High ilvl gear killing a lot of undergeared ppl… fantastic… so much fun… shows how good a player can be in pvp(a deluded one)!!! LOL

1 Like

There’s that too.

Edit. I know that was sarcasm but you do have a point.

When I first started I was of the mindset that I would not ambush lower rated players. Where’s the fun in that? There’s no fight there. But then it started happening to me over and over. I got jaded on the subject, and now anytime I come across a horde character I attack. It doesn’t matter what level they are. I get honor from it either way. And if they don’t like it… Well they can turn war mode off.

That being said… I’m new to the game so I don’t know what WPVP was “back in the day”.

1 Like

Back in the day, people actually did it LOL.

2 Likes

I wasn’t here then. All I know now is that I can’t quest in ZM with WM on without someone busting my a**. :person_shrugging:

1 Like

True.

1 Like

If you’re looking to control the narrative so to speak, Rogue is by far and away the best option. You can get the drop on anyone and when it starts getting too hot in the kitchen you can put a lid on it with vanish. This is assuming you’re a solo act of course.

Nothing better than having a target in your sights, waiting for them to engage a bunch of mobs, get down to under 50% health and then come out of the woodwork and drop them.

Anyone can do that.

This is going to change drastically in DF. Many classes have a lot of utility and self healing etc they didn’t have access to before the new talent trees… Fury with second wind, Hunters with stealth, reduced CD healing and trailblazer all in one spec…stuff like this will change World PvP dynamics quite a bit.