What is allowed for multiboxing?

I was faaaaaaaaaaairly sure that Blizzard says that if can’t be done with a keypress, it can’t be broadcast to other windows, and as far as I know there’s no “loot node” keypress that you can rig up with a macro. Broadcasting mouse clicks seems like it’s among the things that skirt right up against the line between multiboxing and automation though, even if some multiboxer software can do it these days - back in the days when I could be bothered to use that kind of program I don’t remember it being a thing, but I never got terribly fancy with it.

Broadcasting mouse clicks seems like it’s among the things that skirt right up against the line between multiboxing and automation though

Mouse click and mouse position is one keystroke per action. No automation is done here. Automation is when you have a script that performs multiple actions in sequence with a single keystroke which is not what a mouse click or mouse position sync is.

I’ve never seen a multiboxer stay more than 2 seconds on herb node. Most multiboxers exist to farm herbs for some years now, so I’m guessing it’s allowed.

That said, it would be great if Blizzard Customer Support could clarify this.

2 Likes

I ain’t 100% sure what one’d think a Blue will state. They said repeatedly that it’s one key press, per account, per toon. That’s where they draw the line between botting and not. In other words, pressing one key to two or more wow accounts doesn’t make it botting. If that one key press has the one toon do six different things, that’ll fall under botting.

1 Like

I was just saying if they could give a clarification about mouse clicks and mouse position syncing.

What I typed is all they’re going to say. They’re not going to give details on what they look for or the like.

you can, but it takes practice, you don’t need to cycle through the windows to click each one