What Invoke Xuen should look like

Instead of having a lame tiger pop out of the woodwork and start booping things, Invoke Xuen should augment the fists. Below is a clip of what, in my opinion, Invoke Xuen should look like. Or at least some form of this.

Hinata’s Gentle Step: Twin Lion Fist

For those too nervous to click links; it is a clip of Hinata Hyuga’s Twin Lion Fist jutsu from Naruto Shippuden during the Pain fight series.

Then monk punch abilities and auto attacks either do a frontal cone of aoe damage, or the augment is simply a stat boost?

Niceee I agree that would be way cooler.

She gets totally blasted at the end tho…

shhhhhhh we dont need to talk about that part.

2 Likes

This is all anecdotal and I’m sure there are people who do like the uncontrollable pet, but it seems this is the feeling across the board for monks: the random celestial CDs aren’t as cool as infusing yourself with some celestial energy.

Either make it a familiar that is always with me providing some benefit or make it a CD that feels cool for the player.

1 Like

Basically this. Because as a CD unreliable AI sucks

Agreed, i dont like the idea of just summoning one of the celestials. Doesnt really fit my monk fantasy by summoning a pet, which is why i was cool leaving it as a talent. Really dislike it becoming baseline in Shadowlands. Id prefer less cooldowns overall. But, i also agree, having it infuse us and empower us would be much cooler and fit thematically

1 Like

I proposed a long, long time ago that monks should be thematically redesigned with many abilities being tied in some way to a Celestial instead of to a brew or tea.

The primary example I used back then was tigereye brew.
Call it Xuen’s Might (just an example). When used the monk becomes infused with Xuen’s Might and strikes with the power of the lightning tiger.
Visually instead of chugging the brew, the windwalker would instead have lightning surging throughout them and an extra visual (something like the MoP legendary cloak for example) that shows the Celestial is with them.

Mechanically things could have remained the same, but thematically and visually I think it’s by far and away more appealing.

Invoke celestial could still work in such a way, but in a much more visual way.

I agree. Though, what you propose sounds a lot like a Xuen flavored SotWL which i’m not opposed to.

Happens to WW a lot too.

I just want a ranged spec that throws chi balls, lightning, and beer like crazy with animal friends.

1 Like