What in your talent tree should be baseline?

There are a number of talents across a few characters that I play that I think should just be made baseline.

For example
unholy dk’s talent epidemic should be made baseline.

What talents do your character have that you think should be made baseline?

1 Like

For warriors, SMF, then maybe they could work towards making it more viable.

Only one that springs to mind immediately.

7 Likes

What do you mean by ‘baseline’?

2 Likes

Silence, obviously

9 Likes

Light of Dawn should be 40 yards baseline, having to put two points into it just to get what other healers have already feels bad.

5 Likes

Tar Trap and Concussion Shot.

3 Likes

In this context baseline is a spell your spec would just get. In contrast, a spell you only get when you talent into it (spend a talent point on the spell) is not baseline.

YES! I had a said that on the paladin forms. It’s so weird that it isn’t just baseline.

In general talenting into core aoe spells is not good imo.

4 Likes

Wraith walk. I love my wraith walk. I miss the glyph for it, because when it was baseline, the glyph made you actually walk, and if you did it backwards, you would do the Michael Jackson moonwalk at insane speeds. The good old days.

4 Likes

Deadly poison/numbing poison/atrophic poison(if you go 4 poison build you can say bye bye to whole lot of talent points),

Gouge,

Blind

Evasion

Cloak (cloak and vanish go hand in hand, 98% of the times you have to cloak and vanish just to stay alive, so if vanish is baseline, so should cloak)

Improved sprint, (sprint is baseline but improved sprint is not.)

Featherfoot

2 Likes

Misdirection and counter shot.

5 Likes

I’ve played dk for years and I’ve never used this spell haha

1 Like

It is honestly great! I will go out of my way to drop a utility or two to have that instead.

1 Like

This is quite controversial among hunters, but:

Animal Companion should be a BM baseline, and exotic pets opened to non-BM for other hunters.

5 Likes

The highest rank dispels (both friendly and enemy) should be baseline for all.

5 Likes

Not just every class, but every spec should have CC and interrupt abilities baseline. There can still be some in the talent trees here and there, but by and large talents should just modify them and no spec should have to spend talent points just to have these abilities.

And sometimes even talents aren’t enough. As a shadow priest it feels real silly having to stand there and watch a cast go off as I stare at my 30/45 second silence cooldown tick away, but it’s not quite as silly as not even having the ability without spending a talent point on it.

5 Likes

improved sunfire

surprised no one else is saying this
if sunfire isnt aoe then why should it exist
plus according to the tooltips it costs more mana than moonfire even if not talented into improved SF

3 Likes

People always look at this the wrong way.

1. Every spec and every class has the same number of points to spend.
  2. Therefore, every tree should have the same number of spendable points.

THEY DON’T

Go and look for yourself.

THAT’S the problem.

“What should be baseline?” Everything on the tree that’s in excess of the smallest number of points in the smallest tree.

EXAMPLE:
Prot Warrior has 42 spendable points in the Prot Tree
Guardian Druid has 49 spendable points in the Guardian Tree
Each only gets 30 points to spend

What should be baseline for Guardian? Seven of those talents (or seven points’ worth). Take your pick. Doesn’t matter which.

10 Likes

Slappy Hands.

I just like slappy hands and it’s great for add fights.

Fun Fact: The group I raid with learned a few months ago that Slappy Hands is really called abomination limbs. I then corrected them by saying it’s slappy hands.

2 Likes

for real the range is so damn bad

3 Likes

Every class’s standard single target interrupt (Rebuke, Mind Freeze, Counter Shot, etc) should be baseline instead of requiring talent points. Why do some classes have to spent talent points when others don’t?

The majority of class specific themed hard cc (Intimidating Shout, Banish, Scare Beast, Hibernate, etc) should be baseline.

Every class’s talented on-demand (i.e. requiring no setup) mobility ability should be baseline if they don’t already have at least 1 baseline already. Burning Rush comes immediately to mind.

As far as What I’d like to see baseline for Warriors:

• Two-handed Weapon Spec for Arms. Arms can’t dual wield and doesn’t use shields. Why does this need to be a talent? Especially a mandatory one so far near the bottom of the tree that doesn’t link to anything else. If there’s going to be a talent for this it should boost the baseline effect more.

• Ignore Pain for strictly thematic reasons

3 Likes