What ilvl do you have to be to get 385 caches from incursions?

New 5-ring 370 chest requires HoA 39 to fully unlock.
New 5-ring 370 shoulders requires HoA 40 to fully unlock.

I havent seen a 5-ring 370 helm yet but I presume it’s the same as chest. At those values it’s better to get a 385 even if you can’t unlock everything, as having 3x 370s with 5-rings, unless your neck is level 39-40, you’d lose 15 ilevels not fully unlocking them.

The first 3 rings is where all the damage comes from. The last 2 are very minor damage increases. S2 has a massive amount more stamina than S1 gear at the same ilvl so you wouldn’t be missing the hp. The amount of damage the new 5th ring gives you is a ton more damage than 5 ilvls on that item.

My alts that got 370 5 rings shoulders from the Emissary one the other day those were a huge dps upgrade to their 375’s they had on. That extra ring is huge. Those amount of stuff that 5th ring gives is better than just 5 ilvls on the item.

If they got a 385 now it would be a 5 ring so of course that would be better.

Also I kinda wonder if the 5-ring 370’s are using the same unlock levels as 385 unlock levels. Because looking at the values you gave above.
My New 5-Ring 385 Helm requires HoA 38 to fully unlock.

None of the official Blizzard posts have mentioned Assault gear getting updated. You’d think they’d want 8.1 content to be updated since we’re still in 8.1, but assaults have been left behind in season 1.

1 Like

I wonder if this is why my win rate for RBGs today is 0% (0/8). I was fishing the forums for something fishy maybe this is it, I usually not this unlucky.

Heres my quote again.:

" World Quests rewards from Emissaries and Assaults will scale up to Item Level 385. Blizzard has mentioned that rewards for in-progress emissaries may update when Season 2 begins.

In addition, Emissary and Assault caches will now follow your chosen Loot spec !"

Now if im reading this right, there are no “assaults” that i know of that have gear that SHOULD scale except “incursions”! Seems like they called “incursions” “assaults”. So whats the deal?

Im not going to play yet another part of the game that rewards junk. The daily cache and the assaults were the only thing i want to play thats worth playing. If assaults or incursions are not going to scale, than im just going to let the sub time run out. Theres just to much time between Warfronts, and i dont do IE’s, for me to even want to log on.

This is kind of sad, so the only way to get my next tier of gear is hope for a daily cache? Thats once in a blue moon, so why even bother?

Your quote really means nothing without a Blue link to back it up. Wowhead doesn’t make policy. Find a link where a Blizzard Employee says Assaults/Incursions/Whatever you want to call them are increasing.

Its from Wowhead, and it was posted the day the patch dropped. I would think Wowhead would know, because i am sure they quoted blizz in the quote i posted. I also read this not long ago in a blue post there. If i can dig it up i will post it.

Here you go:

It doesn’t mention Assaults at all. It only mentions that Emissary Rewards will scale. Later there is a post stating that both Emissaries and Incursion/Assault rewards will follow loot spec but that post doesn’t mention scaling at all.

This post doesn’t mention Assaults at all -

Go to post #43 in the above link of what it and what is not changing in season 2 and read it. Theres going to be A LOT of pee’d off players. It just does not make sense that incursions will not scale. No way will 5 ring 370 be worth using over higher ilvl gear with the 5th ring. So they made incursions, part of Tides already useless? Who is running this dev team, Laurel and Hardy?

This is post listed as #43 for me. Still no Blue Reply to it.

The only thing that matters in that topic are the Blue Posts created by Blizzard Employees. In this case the Game Lead Ion Hozzikostas.

Maybe it is an oversight. You should send a Tweet to @warcraftdevs. That is the only thing they answer.

I’m 388 on my warlock and invasion caches are STILL 370. Makes it not even worth doing.

2 Likes

I’m 391 and got a 370 piece from last night’s incursion.

No 2 traits is more important than 15 ilvls worth of stats on one piece. Even the mediocre traits offer about 600 dps for the average toon. Better traits offer more of course.

The stat difference isn’t going to offer nearly that.

Incursions are worthless right now. I have a 385 main and still get 370 pieces. Used to do it for the conquest points but the rewards suck this season and warmode is Alliance-mode right now so they are pointless.

You are incorrect in the information you are giving. The azerite gear is based off the highest item level you have had in an azerite slot. I has nothing to do with overall average item level of all gear equipped.

Welp i Tweeted them, will see if i get an answer. Never have. But if the incursions do not start scaling on the 29th, like other stuff is going to, then im out. I will log in only for Darkshore. Even doing incursions for the 750 marks mount is not worth it to me anymore.

I said emissary caches, not specifically the ones that are azerite. Because the emissary caches aren’t always azerite. But you’re correct the ones that award azerite would only be based on your highest azerite level.

For example, yesterday’s NA emissary for Alliance awarded a weapon.

The people doing the youtube videos … Bellular and Kelani, The ones Ive seen…have said the same thing when doing their season 2 videos…Assaults are also suppsoed to raise to 385…why this isnt happening, I dont know

the assaults will always remain at 370