What ilvl do you have to be to get 385 caches from incursions?

Heres what was said on Wowhead two days ago.

" World Quests rewards from Emissaries and Assaults will scale up to Item Level 385. Blizzard has mentioned that rewards for in-progress emissaries may update when Season 2 begins.

In addition, Emissary and Assault caches will now follow your chosen Loot spec !"

Now, im 375-376 on ALL of my characters and have yet to see an upgraded incursion cache. I was getting higher caches before when i hit the ilvl of the lower gear, say i was getting 340 gear ilvl gear, once it hit 343-344 ilvl i would get the ilvl 355 gear caches. So right now, i am higher than what i was in the past to get the higher ilvl caches, and i am still getting ilvl 370 caches from incursions. I should be getting the ilvl 385 ones if past examples are anything to go by.

So what is it? Did they raise the ilvl you need to be to get the next ilvl of cache to show up now? I mean, ilvl 375-376 is not enough this time around, like it was the whole expansion up until this point?

Anyone got any idea what ilvl you need to be to qualify for the 385 incursion caches?

3 Likes

I think WoW head is wrong - I don’t think you can get this from incurions. My emissary just updated to ilvl 380 gear today though was still ilvl 370 last time - my characters are just a little over ilvl 370.

Assaults are still giving S1 gear. So the cap is still at 370. You can see that by when you get it that it gives only 4 rings.

1 Like

I’m 382 and my Emissary Weapon Cache is 385.

Then again is it based on gear in your bags or gear you have equipped?

Emissary caches scale up to 385 based on your item level.
Incursions are currently locked at 370, intentionally.

Too bad Horde hasn’t gotten an Emissary Weapon Cache yet since the patch. Maybe tomorrow hopefully. I did my left over Azerite one from Zandalari the day of the patch since I knew it’d roll up to 385.

2 Likes

Source of it being intentional, Dvis? Because it being locked as S1 with only 4 rings doesn’t seem intentional and seems more of a bug.

3 Likes

Blizzard never said it was increasing. They were pretty specific in the “What’s Changing in Season 2” topic but there wasn’t a single word about incursions.

You titled that article wrong. It was “What’s Changing in Season 2 (And What’s Not)” it was neither listed as changing or not changing. It was forgotten.

Excluded and unmentioned doesn’t mean forgotten. I suspect it was very intentional.

Yes, it’s intentional to give something that is only there to Scrap / Disenchant. Since Emissary gives 5 Rings even if it is 370. While Assaults give 4 Rings. Intentional to leave something’s category as Season 1 when Season 1 is over.

You heard it guys and gals. Sorelai is the speaker for the world. It’s very intentional.

i put in a ticket and all he said was no changes were listed. end of story.

mjy argument is, assualts/invasions came out when darkshore did. so why wouldnt it be updated with darkshore?

2 Likes

Then I have one less reason to log in on my main. His azerite is all 390, everything else is 370+. That’s too bad, the assaults were something to look forward to when they lined up with my schedule.

5 Likes

https://old.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/aj0n5m/invasion_this_morning_on_na_did_not_give_season_2/eery7ri/

1 Like

Thanks for giving the source I watch Wowhead for updates and on a quick reference of their Blue post tracker. Which none of them had mentioned it on these forums. Which there have been quite a few threads on Blizzard Official forums asking that same question and no blues replied. Even someone (might have been one of the MVP’s since it as done right after he replied to someone else and his was the next post after mine) flagged my question on the Q&A Thread asking why it is still S1 and not S2 as “Bugfound”.

So essentially they’ve killed assaults in just over a month of release. Must not have liked them.

There’s some speculation that it’ll roll over later to scale again, but it makes sense from a development point to cut them off for gearing up, and the next step would be getting into M+ or the new raid for higher end items.

My main concern is more for the number of rings than the ilvl.

Even if it’s still capped at 370 Azerite wise alts or those that only have 370 azerite pieces could use it to get 5 Ring 370 pieces. Which moving from the 4 rings to 5 rings is huge trait wise. Which puts it at LFR level gear since it will also have 5 rings.

1 Like

New 5-ring 370 chest requires HoA 39 to fully unlock.
New 5-ring 370 shoulders requires HoA 40 to fully unlock.

I havent seen a 5-ring 370 helm yet but I presume it’s the same as chest. At those values it’s better to get a 385 even if you can’t unlock everything, as having 3x 370s with 5-rings, unless your neck is level 39-40, you’d lose 15 ilevels not fully unlocking them.

The first 3 rings is where all the damage comes from. The last 2 are very minor damage increases. S2 has a massive amount more stamina than S1 gear at the same ilvl so you wouldn’t be missing the hp. The amount of damage the new 5th ring gives you is a ton more damage than 5 ilvls on that item.

My alts that got 370 5 rings shoulders from the Emissary one the other day those were a huge dps upgrade to their 375’s they had on. That extra ring is huge. Those amount of stuff that 5th ring gives is better than just 5 ilvls on the item.

If they got a 385 now it would be a 5 ring so of course that would be better.

Also I kinda wonder if the 5-ring 370’s are using the same unlock levels as 385 unlock levels. Because looking at the values you gave above.
My New 5-Ring 385 Helm requires HoA 38 to fully unlock.

None of the official Blizzard posts have mentioned Assault gear getting updated. You’d think they’d want 8.1 content to be updated since we’re still in 8.1, but assaults have been left behind in season 1.

1 Like