What if BGs were less faction focused?

To reduce que times, what if there was an option to pvp against the same faction? They could be treated more like a training system instead of an actual war mode. The system would try to find members of the opposite faction first. But if the que time is 8+ minutes it would que you against people of the same faction.

There could also be an option for people to opt out of this and only get matched against players of the opposite faction.

1 Like

They already have that, it’s called mercing.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind Horde vs Horde, as long as I don’t have to be grouped with Alliance players in a mixed team vs mixed team matchup.

My dude, what you’re talking about already exists… it’s called mercenary mode (aka merc mode)

Merc mode changes your character’s race, which can make a really good transmog look really ridiculous. It does have downsides compared to simply allowing cross-faction teams or same-faction matches.

1 Like

been suggesting this and many other ideas for YEARS

exhibition mode (what u suggest)
arcade mode
custom game modes people can make etc
make brawls qable instead of only letting us do them once every other week etc

they just dont care about pvp brah they just dont GAF

What a massive oversight on Blizzards part…

You do know there’s a lot of former alliance playing horde now? Maybe even you are a former alliance? How do you keep the will to breathe when you happen to lose a game to alliance?

The OP is a nelf so I’m thinking he’s looking at it more from an alliance point of view. Alliance have no option (or a very very very rare option) to merc. And yes, that is a problem.

I think it might become a reality since the factions are going in a friendly route.

Id say in a year from you you’ll just be queing for BG’s and it will mix everyone together.

not the same, that just puts a horde character on the alliance team

i would rather both teams be a mix. would even out queue times and win loss rates

I can deal with losing to them (sort of). It’s more of the part where I constantly get gang banged by them while trying to do my WQs that gets to me. I spend most of my quest time sneaking around in stealth and running for my life. I can deal with it, but then don’t expect me to queue into a BG and heal them. They are the enemy. They’ve been the enemy for fifteen years.

I’ve been playing since Vanilla and I have never played Alliance save for one toon I insta-leveled so I could get the Alliance-only battle pets.