What has blizzard been doing the last few days?!?!?

They made a topic asking us if turning layering back on would be an appropriate response to these increased queue times. A lot of people seem to agree that layering temporarily would be a good idea, myself included.
So why hasn’t blizz made a decision already? This would have been the best week to turn layering back on with the release of ZG, the quick 12 hr reset of ZG, and the green dragons. On herod, my server, there were 4-5 hr queues Tuesday-Thursday. Yet, Blizz did nothing for the obvious incoming spike in queue times due to new content. Why even ask us about layering if you are not going to do anything? At least communicate more with us about your thought process and decision making. The silence is annoying.

P.S. Why doesn’t herod have free transfers off? Like I said, we have been experiencing 5 hr queues.

3 Likes

Unlike the servers that more recently becoming heavily overpopulated, Herod has been overpopulated since launch. Blizzard warned people before release that Herod would have queues but people stubbornly ignored it because of streamers or other such things. There is no point in giving Herod free transfers as recent history has shown it will not help.

:cactus:

3 Likes

My guess:

An esoteric debate about ‘community retention’ whereby one certain designer defines it as a continuous unlayered server circa EQ, and that pop caps should be raised again, and the others are considering the overall game community and begging to keep caps the same, and make layers work short term.

Like I said. Just a wag.

herod hasn’t had any problems for the past 3 or so months with queue. and btw, I want the free transfer now since my guild and I will most likely take it.

4 Likes

And history has shown that servers that free transfers were offered to became just as bad if not worse than the original realm.

PS: once again, ALL of the original servers became overpopulated at release. So drop the asinine “you were warned” garbage.

If you look at likes on the top 10 comments… it’s not a slam dunk. It seems it’s not even a 2/3 majority in favor of layers. Having said that I wish they’d just do it already. The only consolation of the queues at the very beginning was that “queues will be non existent in 2 months just watch”

False.

I bet if they removed all of the 1 digit post counts and retail posters, there would be virtually no support for layers.

Truth. But your attempt at revisionist history is duly noted.

“The only voice that matters is the voice that agrees with me”

Your posts in a nutshell.

1 Like

Hell, why don’t we invite input from the D3 and Counterstrike players? Their opinion on layering would be just as valid as retail players, and their numerous sock puppet alts.

My server, and several others, have never had login queues.

Blizzard specifically warned people about 2 or 3 servers before launch due to the high volume of people reserving names on those servers. People ignored it, those servers had queues.

No revisions here.

1 Like

Bull, even Grobby had queues, and they were one of the least populated servers at release.

Every single original server was at Full status when the game launched.

1 Like

OK, if you say so. I’m going to assume at this point you have/had a character on every server since launch keeping track of populations.

Keep up the good work. :+1:

You realize that FULL meant something different at launch than it does now, right?

Yeah, and there are actions that could be taken that do not open up the game to exploitation again, and that do not make things like world buffs monumentally more complicated.

they had
you just didnt listen

You do realize I have brought that fact up repeatedly in the past few days, and that the measurement system was only changed after guilds were well established and people had reserved names and invested tome and gold into leveling, right?

New servers were created HOURS after launch. People stayed.

1 Like

Yep, actions like not mass transferring to a packed server cause their original was seen as imbalanced or dying. Transfers were opened up cause a large group was complaining about being stuck on their server.

Well they opened up and everyone dashed to the mega servers. If Blizzard offered free transfers to the small servers I bet few will take it. No one wants to take personal risk to try and rebuild a server. They would rather wait in queue for the other guy to bail.