What happens if I forfeit or flee from a “duel to the death”?

so, is like having a lifetime rival?

3 Likes

That… that I like that.

That would be very interesting.

Im dueling and running. They will forever have to watch there back now

2 Likes

instead of asking on the forum where nobody has any idea because literally none of us have touched it, why not just wait until it starts and find out for yourself?

2 Likes

Remember tho… it is not /duel it is /makgora and you can’t do it till level 10

We would but they cant find a hamster to run the PTR right now. Hence why were asking. God forbid someone from the Dev team see’s it and answers. $hit just anyone from the company would be a shock to show up

1 Like

Right, no one is allowed to speculate anymore without getting flamed. Classic forums don’t disappoint.

2 Likes

I wonder what the rules will be. What if both parties stop fighting? Will a timer start that forces them to engage or both die?

LoL. I doubt that, but I suspect you’ll be at the mercy of your opponent.

However, what happens if you do run away or get summoned? Does that automatically kill you?

What is stopping someone from having 2 accounts. Getting to level 11 100 times and fighting their own character to the death to collect ears?

They will hunt you, forever, day and night, you will not be able to sleep.

1 Like

Just however many hours it takes to get to level 11, I suppose!

Then you’ll have a level 11 with 100 ears!

yeah, the devs are usually pretty active on this forum, especially answering random hypotheticals :thinking:

I wonder what’s gonna happen, if people are gonna find a way to grief each other by spamming challenges to someone until a misclick or something happens and now they’re “permanently in combat” while the guy can go off in Narnia never to return.

I think it would be hilarious if there was no maximum range for the dueling area, and no time limit. So you could challenge someone to a Makgora and then just run away and be hunting each other for the next several weeks.

1 Like

from what it says here i think is safe to assume that you can have a lifetime rival cause is not a duel but you can be attacked by that person at any time.

That’s so dark

confirmed you can flee and not die

but it does not let you forfeitt

“There is no concession in a duel to the death, coward!”

2 Likes

Continuing the discussion from WoW Classic Era 1.14.4 Development Notes:

Wondering what the penalty will be.

I don’t think makgora is locked to level 10, just getting the string of ears.

Additionally you can right click player portraits and do it that way as well.